Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Crashed Wizzard x220 and broke a part

Etron

Reaction score
So when i crashed my wizzard x220 the bolt holding in the antenna fell off. Would i need to buy all the parts or a new bolt? I'm pretty new so if you guys would also know where to get the parts it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks 20180520_181007.jpg 20180520_181020.jpg

Hi @Etron welcome to DRP forum! What you have is a broken, 90 degree angle, RP-SMA, edge mount connector. And it looks like the center pin may be broken too, I can't tell from the pictures, not quite clear enough to be sure. There is a few ways to go about fixing this, replace the connector with a similar one and requires soldering skills, or getting a new vTX.

I doubt you will find 90 degree angle ones, and you don't want them anyway IMHO because this happens a lot, but if you have the soldering skill and tools you can use ones like these which I use

2pcs RP-SMA Female Adapter PCB EdgE-mount Solder RF Connector for RC Drone FPV Racing

and then put a 90 degree angle adaptor on it if you want to mount it as the original was

RP-SMA Male to RP-SMA Female Adapter Right Angle RF Connector For FPV RC Drone

I have looked, you won't find this exact vTX with a 90 degree on it, but if you cannot solder, this should be a direct replacement without the 90, so you could use the same vTX connector/wires and just add a 90 degree adapter listed above and it would be plug and play.

Eachine TS5823S 40CH 5.8G 200MW AV Transmitter Module RP-SMA Female Skyzone Upgrade

Of course there are many more options if you can solder, but to be honest, I still fly the original camera and vTX in one of my wizards, the rest have upgraded parts on them and I just keep the old leftover items to repair the one that I do still run those pieces in. When something breaks, I just swap out with a previously repaired one and keep flying, then fix the other and put it back in my spares pool.

Thank you! saved me there! How'd you upgrade your wizard and where did you learn the in and out of fpv drones? Because i'd eventually like to build my own or know how to repair mine in general.

Reactions: Wayno52
Youtube university is a fair teacher and you pick up more and more over time. There is a lot of good knowledgeable people here that will try to help when they can. You really can't be in this hobby without learning to solder, but once you know how to solder you can begin to fix your stuff and begin to look at the challenge of building or upgrading things. Right now you have a million questions, but it takes time and especially if you don't have an electronics background, so you just need to nibble at things as they are a need or of interest, ask questions here, and in time you will know enough and/or know the right person to ask. All my wizards still run the same powertrain, but I have upgraded the camera and vTX on a couple of them to RunCams and TBS Unify or IRC Tramps. They were my first real quad, and still my go-to quads for sketchy stuff.

I have a wizard also, fantastic machine, I did the same though the other day. you can solder it back on, at least, that's what I did. Works like a charm and didn't cost anything

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax