Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Crash & landed in mud

FrankV01

Reaction score
Website
theopensourceu.org
So, I was flying my quad and kinda hit something and it kinda fell into the mud. (Kinda means "definitely did") Anyway, because of the height it fell from, the prop was covered in mud as well as the motor

I've cleaned it off but the motor feels gritty now.

Can I take the motor apart to clean it and, if so, can anyone give some tips on how to do this? This is my first quad (my second is sitting unassembled yet). The motors are samguk... If that matters.

You could remove the motor and give it a blast with canned compressed air once the crap is dry in the motor. I’ve done that a few times but given the cost of motors these days, it’s usually a safer option to just replace it. A dodgy motor will cost you a lot more than $10-$15 when it fails mid flight.

Reactions: Futuramille
I have tried planting my quad a few times (in hopes more would grow from it :) ) and I ran them under the faucet and used the sprayer until the grit feel went away, then let dry.

After trying what Torc suggested, the motor is grit-free and the quad flys. That said, I will probably order two back up motors and maybe replace it... I don't know. But, thank you guys for the help. Appreciated.

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax