Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Could i have some help planning this pinout?

gunnybunnyyy

Reaction score
Capture1.PNG
I just am not familiar enough with electronics to know exactly where everything goes, i made this in paint in like 5 minutes so dont judge, could someone help me get this mamba f40 esc and spracing f3 wired up?

That can be a problem when hooking these kinds of things up. The pictures above show VCC from the ESC to the FC UART, that will smoke the UART and likely the whole FC as soon as you plug a battery into it. If I could find any decent docs on the Diatone Black Mamba F40 4in1 ESC I could give you some pointers but I can't seem to find anything with a quick google search.

Just as FYI, often labels can be misleading, especially when translated to english by Chinese manufacturers.

Usually VCC is battery voltage, and you will need a +5v regulated source to run the FC, but the translation could be wrong or misleading and that could be +5v out from the ESC. No way to know without documentation on the mamba. The SPRacing F3 is a well known item, I have 4 of them, but I would need to see the wiring diagram for the ESC to even begin to help here.

From there the Motor Signal wires (the section labeled "10" above on the FC) will need to go between the FC and the 1,2,3,4 labeled pins either on the connector on the face of the ESC, or to solder pads that should reside somewhere else on the ESC. There really is a good bit to understand here in order to get it connected and working properly, even if it has all the things you will need.

Reactions: Wayno52
That can be a problem when hooking these kinds of things up. The pictures above show VCC from the ESC to the FC UART, that will smoke the UART and likely the whole FC as soon as you plug a battery into it. If I could find any decent docs on the Diatone Black Mamba F40 4in1 ESC I could give you some pointers but I can't seem to find anything with a quick google search.

Just as FYI, often labels can be misleading, especially when translated to english by Chinese manufacturers.

Usually VCC is battery voltage, and you will need a +5v regulated source to run the FC, but the translation could be wrong or misleading and that could be +5v out from the ESC. No way to know without documentation on the mamba. The SPRacing F3 is a well known item, I have 4 of them, but I would need to see the wiring diagram for the ESC to even begin to help here.

From there the Motor Signal wires (the section labeled "10" above on the FC) will need to go between the FC and the 1,2,3,4 labeled pins either on the connector on the face of the ESC, or to solder pads that should reside somewhere else on the ESC. There really is a good bit to understand here in order to get it connected and working properly, even if it has all the things you will need.
would you recommend that i just send it back to diatone in china for repair of the original parts or should I try to just switch to a new fc, i dont think i want a drone that im not able to understand. I can email them and ask for a better pinout of the esc, i didnt think it would require very much work other than unplugging the old fc and swapping all the connections, the esc already has the motors and everything wired up, all im trying to do is replace the fc and vtx

would you recommend that i just send it back to diatone in china for repair of the original parts or should I try to just switch to a new fc, i dont think i want a drone that im not able to understand. I can email them and ask for a better pinout of the esc, i didnt think it would require very much work other than unplugging the old fc and swapping all the connections, the esc already has the motors and everything wired up, all im trying to do is replace the fc and vtx

figured id give a pic of the situation as wellIMG_4290.jpg

Ok, I was a little confused, and I still am a little bit.

You are replacing the FC and vTX because they are broken?
What model Diatone is that?

I have a dozen little questions that need answered before I could give you my best advice.
I will PM you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax