Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Connecting Flysky FS-i6 to computer?

Frisbee

Reaction score
I bought this cable from Banggood, but I can't get it to work. (Kind of sucks after eagerly waiting for their 30 day shipping, with nothing to do and all my quads out of order, also requiring very long shipping times.)

I'm guessing I was supposed to use these cables that seem to have an audio plug. If that is correct, I can reorder, but I don't want to lose another month for shipping.

I could try to DIY a connection between my transmitter and computer using some audio cables. Although Bardwell says this doesn't work very well. I will try this if I can find some cables.

I was going to try the method shown by Joshua Bardwell to use a flight controller to interface with the computer, but my Wizzard X220 uses an F3 flight controller (not F4 or F7) which isn't adequate. I also have a LarvaX with an F4 flight controller, but it seems to get hot when plugged in, so I don't want to risk it getting damaged (as I'm still waiting for batteries to fly it).

Can someone clarify; did I buy the wrong cable? If so, can you clarify that I was supposed to buy this cable with the audio plug?

I bought this cable from Banggood, but I can't get it to work. (Kind of sucks after eagerly waiting for their 30 day shipping, with nothing to do and all my quads out of order, also requiring very long shipping times.)

I'm guessing I was supposed to use these cables that seem to have an audio plug. If that is correct, I can reorder, but I don't want to lose another month for shipping.

I could try to DIY a connection between my transmitter and computer using some audio cables. Although Bardwell says this doesn't work very well. I will try this if I can find some cables.

I was going to try the method shown by Joshua Bardwell to use a flight controller to interface with the computer, but my Wizzard X220 uses an F3 flight controller (not F4 or F7) which isn't adequate. I also have a LarvaX with an F4 flight controller, but it seems to get hot when plugged in, so I don't want to risk it getting damaged (as I'm still waiting for batteries to fly it).

Can someone clarify; did I buy the wrong cable? If so, can you clarify that I was supposed to buy this cable with the audio plug?
I don't know anything about the Flysky but could you put a small fan on your LarveX to keep it cool while you are using it?

I have two cables for my i6. One is the data cable that came with it and the other is a cable which allows me to use the i6 with a flight simulator. The data cable has only the USB connector and the DIN connector and is used primarily for firmware updates. The flight sim cable has the large USB connector and the DIN connector. Those are the only two cables I know of.

I don't know anything about the Flysky but could you put a small fan on your LarveX to keep it cool while you are using it?
Maybe, but I don't want to take any chances since I haven't flown it yet, and after about six weeks of waiting I should finally get the batteries by Monday.

I have two cables for my i6. One is the data cable that came with it and the other is a cable which allows me to use the i6 with a flight simulator. The data cable has only the USB connector and the DIN connector and is used primarily for firmware updates. The flight sim cable has the large USB connector and the DIN connector. Those are the only two cables I know of.
Does this look like the correct cable for the sim?

Everything I've ordered from Banggood and Aliexpress are taking 6+ weeks to get here. The past couple weeks I haven't had anything to fly (or do) while in total isolation in lockdown, so I'm getting a bit crazy. I ended up getting getting two 4s lipos from amazon and the cable above with fast delivery, paying too much, but I really need something to do. Hopefully I'll be flying my LarvaX, Wizard X220, and sim (FPV freerider) by Tuesday. I've also got various parts and a couple Mobula6 ordered, but they might take 8 weeks, or even longer to be delivered. Thanks, all.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
That looks to be the right cable/cables. You will have to plug in the mini jack end from the USB cable into the mini jack end of the DIN cable. Together they should be what you need. They also state that it works with your model transmitter.

My favorite sim is FPV Freerider Recharged...

Reactions: HighTechPauper
That looks to be the right cable/cables. You will have to plug in the mini jack end from the USB cable into the mini jack end of the DIN cable. Together they should be what you need. They also state that it works with your model transmitter.My favorite sim is FPV Freerider Recharged...

I totally agree with everything you said. ;) :D

Success! Well, after a few hours tinkering amidst the great Wifi blackout in the UK... I was having a trouble getting Yaw to work, and eventually came across the recommendation to uninstall the vJoy driver which might create a conflict with FPV freerider, and that worked. I am finally flying in Sim and everything is working perfectly! (Along with the proper cable, I also received a couple 4s lipos from Amazon, so I can also fly for real when the weather gets better.)

The default setting on the FlySky fs-i6 seem to work, although I went ahead and set to:
Trainer Mode: On
RX: ASHDS (I think this is now off to save battery)
Sticks Mode: 2

@Frisbee
Slightly off topic but not sure if you have FPVFreereider Recharged as well. It has a custom level section where you can create your own levels.
I have created a handfull myself and have them here for download to use.

Brett-All.zip
The zip archive contains the following levels.
Labyrinth
Labyrinth-Altered
Lots-O-Gaps
Open Air Cafe
OpenAirCafeOld
OpenAirCafeReduced
Pipes
Playroom

Another one called The Dam.
TheDam.zip

The Bridge which is a railroad bridge over water.
TheBridge.zip

The Bridge 2
TheBridge2.zip

To use them, just unzip them into the "FPVFreerider_Recharged_Data" sub folder where Freerider is installed.
I don't think they work with the original FPVFreerider, just the Recharged version. Its only ten bucks if you don't have it....

Reactions: Frisbee
Your skill level is ridiculous! I'm such a beginner that I'm just flying the two towers at the moment to learn the basics, but eventually when my skill has improved enough I'll get Recharged with your maps.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Your skill level is ridiculous! I'm such a beginner that I'm just flying the two towers at the moment to learn the basics, but eventually when my skill has improved enough I'll get Recharged with your maps.
That is after a year of flying in the sims. The first 6 to 8 months I was so frustrated that I spent most of my time creating levels and not flying much because I was having such a hard time getting the hang of it. It took a change of settings to finally get it to where it felt like my little whoops did and then it all started falling into place. I Still can't fly the real quads like that... Yet. Just Keep at it and you will get there as well. It really helps getting the muscle memory when going to fly real quads to eliminate alot of crashes you would have learning the basics. You are on the right track starting with the simulator using the same controller you will use with the quads.

• Love
Reactions: HighTechPauper
That is after a year of flying in the sims. The first 6 to 8 months I was so frustrated that I spent most of my time creating levels and not flying much because I was having such a hard time getting the hang of it. It took a change of settings to finally get it to where it felt like my little whoops did and then it all started falling into place. I Still can't fly the real quads like that... Yet. Just Keep at it and you will get there as well. It really helps getting the muscle memory when going to fly real quads to eliminate alot of crashes you would have learning the basics. You are on the right track starting with the simulator using the same controller you will use with the quads.
Are you flying with a pinch grip for your precision maneuvers? I've been switching to pinch and it feels more precise controlled than my clumsy thumbs. But the pinch overall feels kind of awkward, thumbs feel more comfortable.

Are you flying with a pinch grip for your precision maneuvers? I've been switching to pinch and it feels more precise controlled than my clumsy thumbs. But the pinch overall feels kind of awkward, thumbs feel more comfortable.
I use thumbs. I have also tried pinching a few times but just have a hard time getting used to it. If I spent alot of time at it I might get it but my thumbs just feel alot more natural. I found setting my rates lower helps with precision. I can't get the snap rolls and jerks but was looking to do more of a cinematic style than the tricks anyway.

I use thumbs. I have also tried pinching a few times but just have a hard time getting used to it. If I spent alot of time at it I might get it but my thumbs just feel alot more natural. I found setting my rates lower helps with precision. I can't get the snap rolls and jerks but was looking to do more of a cinematic style than the tricks anyway.
That's really interesting. That will be something to think about, although I'd like to do rolls too. Maybe for non-sim flying a switch could be added for different rates.

That's really interesting. That will be something to think about, although I'd like to do rolls too. Maybe for non-sim flying a switch could be added for different rates.
I should have clarified a little more. Its not that I can't do rolls, They just aren't those "instant" or snap rolls as they seem to call them. I have my rates set at around 600 so I can do a roll in a little over half a second.
This vid is from trying loops and my first rolls with my little whoop. It is a slower roll but still doable (I still need work on them). I think the rates on that whoop are around 500.

I like the idea of different rates and am going to try that myself. Heres a quick vid showing how to do it in Betaflight...

Reactions: Frisbee
I have Aerofly RC8 on 2018 mac mini the Flysky FS-i6X works with data cable. But the FS-i6 will not work with the data or simulator cables. But it i use the 2013 mac air the FS-i6 works with the simulator cable. Have no idea why the FS-i6 will not work on Mac mini.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya