Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Completed my first build!

1ikhan

Reaction score
Hello!
I just wanted to share that I successfully completed my first 5 inch build! I had a lot of help from forum members (shoutout to @HighTechPauper and @rtkDarling ) and I could not be more grateful. Was a long time coming with many mishaps and I almost even quit halfway because I accidentally messed up my fc with the soldering iron, but finally everything works. My reason for building this was mostly a "why not" kind of a situation. I like robotics, and tech, so this was perfect project. Also, I am just amazed by how much things have improved in the DIY drone scene. My friends and I back in high school built a drone or two with the TBS Discovery frame, APM fc, SimmonK ESCs, Turnigy X9D radios, and Sunnysky motors. Man are things so much more user friendly and reliable now. You can actually get perfect quality flight under $500, something that was not possible back then. Mind boggling. Who knows, maybe I'll build something 5 years down the line that flies itself hahah. Cannot wait to fly more!

Final Specs
Frame: TBS Source One
FC: CLracing F7 v2.1 mpu6000
ESC: CLracing 45a 4in1
VTX: Rush Tank Ultimate
Cam: Caddx Ratel 2.1mm
Motors: T-motor pacer 2207.5 1750kv
Battery: CNHL Black 6s 1500mah
Charger: HTRC C240
RX: R-XSR ACCESS
TX: Frsky X9 Lite Pro ACCESS
Goggles: Eachine EV800D
Antennas: Eachine K-loverleafs

20200519_110422.jpg

Nice! My first thought is to re-rout your antenna so it doesn't "spider web" between the body and the arm, the loop it creates will get ripped off when you bend that prop. A better antenna on that quad will help your reception too.
Looks great!
Gotcha, Ill route it under. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput