Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Complete noob haha and almost ready to smash everything up already haha

T4andgreys

Reaction score
Firstly hello all and yes first post is gonna be one of those that experiences guys are gonna roll eyes and turn nose up at but I could do with some help

I bought a couple of drones to tinker with
Including a cheap but new build kit
Along with two others inc one that supposedly was fine and working lol

I have a issue with wiring the rx up to F.C. and am pretty much stuck tbh and hoping some of you may help

I’m trying to wire flysky receiver ppm to Naze32 Rev 6 F.C.
and having no joy what am I doing wrong

Attachments

• 54C0F441-AA18-46A5-9E64-F1F4307925A2.jpeg
    54C0F441-AA18-46A5-9E64-F1F4307925A2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • D4AFA34D-F984-43E0-97F4-2C2842D5B198.jpeg
    D4AFA34D-F984-43E0-97F4-2C2842D5B198.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 026FDAE4-9DF3-446B-B596-777CC2CF04DB.jpeg
    026FDAE4-9DF3-446B-B596-777CC2CF04DB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 965CF7B0-DFA3-4AAA-851D-DD3FD958D5A9.jpeg
    965CF7B0-DFA3-4AAA-851D-DD3FD958D5A9.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
Firstly hello all and yes first post is gonna be one of those that experiences guys are gonna roll eyes and turn nose up at but I could do with some help

I have a issue with wiring the rx up to F.C. and am pretty much stuck tbh and hoping some of you may help

After further investigation it seems i was correct, that reciever is for servos which a quadcopter doesn't have. You need a micro receiver. Super cheap still though, there will be a little tiny button on the side that says something like ID set that you have to hold while your transmiter is on in order to bind the two, but only one time then it's set till you bind it to something else.

You need to bind the receiver, and configure the flight controller for PPM receiver (the way you have it wired). You might want to wire it ibus instead if your flight controller supports it.

Reactions: T4andgreys
Right cheers for the reply’s
And tbh from my early days of nitro rc I can tell you I class the rx as small hahah
Used to be like a house brick when I was a kid haha

Anyway got it figured out and managed to get receiver working eventually

It was already binded to handset as rx was taken from another quad
Then struggled for hours sorting drivers out to get it working and plugged into cleanflight

Done that and flashed it properly all seemed ok , but am I wrong for expecting it to be stable ish in hover and flight as thing is crazy and just flips out with slightest throttle and pretty incontrolable

I’ve had plenty of rx stuff in past from cars to planes so not exactly green to quads
Also own a p3pro and mavic but I’m headscratching with the little quads

So what have I done wrong ??
Tx is set to ppm and setup and trimmed
Throttle stops done and also the rates too

Failssfe and aux channels setup ??

Why won’t it behave like a normal quad and not want to cartwheel each time to try and lift it
All motors correct order and props right way too
F.C. is orientated right way although arrow facing side wards instead of forwards but just moved the motors 1 step out of sequence to make sure it’s ok hmmm

Does it hover at all? Sounds like props are not right. I know you’re saying they are but it is very easy to be wrong. Can you send a pic or video of it?

I’m thinking I have a faulty esc or a knackered or lazy motor
Props are on right way as they are marked anyway so idiot proof even for me haha
Even checked against my DJI drones
Motors all right orientation too and running right direction

And as for hovering I can’t get it to lift off without it wanting to be an acrobat

That’s just with small throttle input
Will get a video soon

Nothing in this is idiot proof T4, these are not like dji or any other photography type drones. Please be careful as they can do damage. Send photos and video to get a better idea of what is going on.
Wayne

I agree with Virtue, it sounds like an orientation or motor location issue.
Possibly so but whilst in Betaflight checking some setting with battery plugged in as was checking motors (props off )
Just after I finished running up motors and double checking direction etc which was all good
Went to other part of menu and as I did that one of my esc decided to grenade itself in a molten smoking mess hahah
Her indoors not happy either as after emptying a full tin of air freshener the smell of electrical burning was still lingering

So in essence my esc took a dump ,and in doing so has killed the motor it was connected too I think

Luckily had a spare esc so fitted that and the motor either barely spins or just doesn’t

Sadly don’t have a spare motor so going to have to order some new ones before anymore progress is made

Anyway it gave me chance to go over all the settings in. betaflight and I think it’s all sorted aside from motor now

Bird in real-time on the betaflight programme moves and reacts properly also set the F.C. to 90 degree to account for it being rotated so it fits better (need a micro rx) not the housebrick I have now

Still here and still having issues and about ready to just bin the lot and go buy a new setup haha

Have it all working when connected to Betaflight all tx rx setup correctly with channels right inc aux switches

But as soon as it’s unplugged from beta and I start drone normally to try and take off the controller does nothing
It’s set to ppm and in beta shows each channel working correctly on the individual live mapping
Drone on screen in beta reacts properly but when you try to fly properly the controller does nothing and drone just sits there

And yes F.C. is armed just motors spin on idle and won’t do anything now

Give up

Tbh it may be a little late for that

Although I had no probs with arming or disarming and understand it needs to calibrate as level first but cheers

Right so after err a slight mishap with first quad I was asking for help with
I’ve now started fresh with other one and this time need help to sort it so it doesn’t meet the same fate as last frame

Parts list for anyone offering help
Drone is 250 luminuer
Cc3d F.C.
fsia6 receiver
Unknown vtx and cam
Little bee esc (2 wire)

Really need someone to help in particular with the receiver and esc/F.C. wiring
Am confused with all of it really as this board is different to other one I did have which I had running in ppm ?

This setup is different altogether and the esc only have two wires unlike other with 3 just to add to confusion

It doesn’t run a pdb as such as it’s part of the frame shown in pics
And from what I can see is just 12 v
Were do I get the 5v supply for the bec/rx ??

Do I need a voltage regulator or am I missing the obvious

If anyone can tell me what wires go we’re woild be a massive help thanks

Don’t want to smash this one up in frustration this time lol
Anyway here’s pics to help cheers
Black and white wires are from esc
Rest for you clever boss should be self explanatory

Attachments

• 03A5669F-D135-4E1C-BA8B-67E1072BE1E6.jpeg
    03A5669F-D135-4E1C-BA8B-67E1072BE1E6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 70B232C2-68C0-4529-8F13-57927306EEEA.jpeg
    70B232C2-68C0-4529-8F13-57927306EEEA.jpeg
  • 06F2F0EE-1D53-459E-BFB6-BD71A29FCB42.jpeg
    06F2F0EE-1D53-459E-BFB6-BD71A29FCB42.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 46CDBF12-7C76-4769-8F4F-CAA4CF5519A6.jpeg
    46CDBF12-7C76-4769-8F4F-CAA4CF5519A6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 3F3F7E13-867B-4963-8F9E-EA92468578D9.jpeg
    3F3F7E13-867B-4963-8F9E-EA92468578D9.jpeg
  • DF8DF5D8-E234-4582-949C-819EE3B6BFA3.jpeg
    DF8DF5D8-E234-4582-949C-819EE3B6BFA3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Right cheers for the help those that have helped
I’m done and out of here haha
Needless to say didn’t get this one working either haha
Now on its way to a landfill site after a good smashing with hammer same as other pmsl

Patience never was a virtue for me but feel much better now don’t need to worry about what wire goes we’re hahaa
Think I’m gonna try taking up fishing instead as no wiring involved

Anyway thanks all and bye

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax