Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Comercial licence

QuantumQuadsFPV

Reaction score
I heard that ALL drone racing pilots professional or not, even hobbyists need to get their comercial pilots license to fly Fpv. Is this true?

You need to register if it meets the criteria in the USA for hobby flights, and for commercial operations, you need to possess a Part 107 certification.

Sorry about that, I forgot to add a source...

(d) Restoration Of Rules For Registration And Marking Of Unmanned Aircraft.—The rules adopted by the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration in the matter of registration and marking requirements for small unmanned aircraft (FAA-2015-7396; published on December 16, 2015) that were vacated by the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in Taylor v. Huerta (No. 15-1495; decided on May 19, 2017) shall be restored to effect on the date of enactment of this Act.

This is such a slippery slope. I don't know how they can possibly enforce this registration. Typical FAA bs. I fly full scale airplanes and I am always reminded of the old FAA saying, "we're not happy until your not happy."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput