Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Coloring nylon hardware

theGreenOrange

Reaction score
One of my new favorite bling upgrades is coloring nylon standoff, screws and nuts. Unlike most things quadcopter, it is really cheap, fast and easy to do!

I have had good results using RIT dye. I prefer the powder for ease of use but there are some colors only available in liquid. This is what I do:

0. Rinse out your Keurig machine, until you get clear water in your mug by pressing the Hot Water button. If no keurig, use a regular coffee maker or whatever is easiest for your setup to get nearly boiling water.

1. Put 4-6oz Hot Water from the coffee machine in a coffee mug or other insulated cup.

2. Add 1g of powdered dye, or about 5ml of liquid dye.

3. Add the clear or white nylon parts, stirring occasionally. Check every 5 minutes for desired color (usually 10 minutes looks good to me). Take out nylon and reheat dye for 30 seconds in microwave if darker color desired.

4. Remove parts and rinse, first with warm water but ending with a cool rinse.1011171651.jpg 0914171748.jpg

You did the coloring yourself? Please make a vid on how you do it!

Ok, I don't normally make too many of these but here is a short video. It is very easy to do and doesn't take long. Keeping the soak time under 5 minutes can give you a subtle translucent effect, not shown in this video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax