Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Close Call!

rtkDarling

Reaction score
I just puffed my first battery on the charger. It didn't go off, it just got noticeably tight, and it was pretty hot to the touch. No visible damage on the battery, I don't remember hitting it or anything. I've got that cheap iMax b6, and I was charging a 1250 5s at 2.5 amps (2.08c)

Anyway, the battery is chilling in the driveway and I'm charging another battery from that group at 1c and under closer supervision.
Fingers crossed.

Good that you noticed and it didn't flame. How do you get rid of that thing now?
Pretty easily usually, discharge it to 0 volts with a light bulb or other method, cut off the connectors for reuse, and drop it in the battery bin at the local best buy. Or after discharging as much as possible dump it into a jar of salt water for a few days, then dump in the trash (Lipos are not hazardous).

Never had this, I always measure the cels before Charging. If 1 is off by 0.2 volts then I through it away like pauper says!

• Wow
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Never had this, I always measure the cels before Charging. If 1 is off by 0.2 volts then I through it away like pauper says!
Sorry at @Captain Nemo, that isn't exactly what I meant by that...
You need to be within about .2 volts per cell to parallel charge batteries together, but if it is off by more than that I simply charge the low one up until it is close to the others and then put the rest on to charge with it. If after charging and balancing there is still an imbalance greater than .1 volt, then I would consider retiring that battery. The .2 volt difference between, lets say all the #1 cells in all the batteries I want to charge together, then when I put it onto the parallel charge board the current to balance with the other #1 cells could be high enough to burn a trace or wire in the balance plug.
I hope that makes sense, and if you have any questions let me know and I will explain further.
Regards
Randy (HTP)

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas