Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cleanflight Reading Throttle as Aux1

tekgecko

Reaction score
I have configured my quad in CleanFlight but no matter what order the pins are in the receiver, one of the channels is always either aux 1 or 4 when moving the sticks.

Does anyone know why this could be?

The first thing I would do is ditch Cleanflight and move to Betaflight, Cleanflight hasn't been updated in forever. The next thing I would do is double check the Receiver section in the Configuration tab for the Receiver Protocol being used.

Was this quad somebody elses before you got it? Perhaps they remapped some of the outputs, reflashing the Flight Controller should fix that. If I can help, OM me.

Reactions: Wayno52
The first thing I would do is ditch Cleanflight and move to Betaflight, Cleanflight hasn't been updated in forever. The next thing I would do is double check the Receiver section in the Configuration tab for the Receiver Protocol being used.

Was this quad somebody elses before you got it? Perhaps they remapped some of the outputs, reflashing the Flight Controller should fix that. If I can help, OM me.
Thanks very much I will try flashing BF. The correct protocol is being used in config (PWM) and it's my own brand new build. The CC3D I brought came pre-flashed with Cleanflight so maybe something was done in the factory? I know they are built for LibrePilot so I will try flashing Beta and let you know. Thanks!

Thanks very much I will try flashing BF. The correct protocol is being used in config (PWM) and it's my own brand new build. The CC3D I brought came pre-flashed with Cleanflight so maybe something was done in the factory? I know they are built for LibrePilot so I will try flashing Beta and let you know. Thanks!

Given this new info, I would not reflash the FC, perhaps the issue is in your TX and the Inputs and Outputs are mapped funny in it? You might try changing the Channel Mapping in the Receiver section to match what you want? Right now you are TAER1234 so Throttle is interpreted as what the TX has set for channel 1, Aileron channel 2, Elevator channel 3, Rudder channel 4, then aux 5-8. Perhaps have a look at that in the TX and if all else fails change the cannel order in the RX tab of Cleanflight configurator to match?

Given this new info, I would not reflash the FC, perhaps the issue is in your TX and the Inputs and Outputs are mapped funny in it? You might try changing the Channel Mapping in the Receiver section to match what you want? Right now you are TAER1234 so Throttle is interpreted as what the TX has set for channel 1, Aileron channel 2, Elevator channel 3, Rudder channel 4, then aux 5-8. Perhaps have a look at that in the TX and if all else fails change the cannel order in the RX tab of Cleanflight configurator to match?
The issue is whatever I change the mappings to, one of the channels is ALWAYS either Aux1 or Aux4 even when I match the display on the TX. It's so strange

So what happens if you set your channel map in the RX tab to lets say 4AERT123 or whatever is needed? And yes, I agree, it is really weird.

So what happens if you set your channel map in the RX tab to lets say 4AERT123 or whatever is needed? And yes, I agree, it is really weird.
One of the sticks moves either Aux1 or Aux4

Just as a side note when you said 4AERT123 did you mean AERT1234 or will this make a difference?

Well, that makes no sense either, if you change what input the receiver will use for a given control, then you should be able to tell it to use Aux 1 (or 4) for throttle.

If I set (typed into the area for) the Channel Map in the RX tab in BF to say 1234TAER, the quad would interpret channel 5 (Aux 1) as input as Throttle, channel 6 (Aux 2) as Aileron etc. With the Channel Map you are telling the RX which channel to use for what.

If I set (typed into the area for) the Channel Map in the RX tab in BF to say 1234TAER, the quad would interpret channel 5 (Aux 1) as input as Throttle, channel 6 (Aux 2) as Aileron etc. With the Channel Map you are telling the RX which channel to use for what.
Yes but whatever order I put it in, one of the channels is ALWAYS Aux1 or 4. Something seriously wrong here...

Edit: Un-mapped channels 5 and 6 in my TX and it worked for about 10 seconds... clicked refresh on BF and it went back to incorrect mappings.

Edit2: Okay so finally got it working with this config 1TRAE432 with the 1 at the start. This is the only way it will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Good to hear, I figured something like that SHOULD have done it, but since it was acting so strange, I wasn't sure.
Good luck with the maiden!

Good to hear, I figured something like that SHOULD have done it, but since it was acting so strange, I wasn't sure.
Good luck with the maiden!
I’m having a problem aert1234 and it’s always worked now when I move my throttle up aux 2 goes up and now on my tx it says channel 6 source used when it should be swb any idea what’s going on here

I’m having a problem aert1234 and it’s always worked now when I move my throttle up aux 2 goes up and now on my tx it says channel 6 source used when it should be swb any idea what’s going on here
It really doesn't matter what channel map you use as long as the FC and the radio have it set the same. Since it is a basic setting in the radio Setup page in OpenTX it is easiest to have all your quads FC boards set the same, but if you create a new model you do have the chance to change the order for that one quad if you wanted to, but I can't imagine anyone would ever want to. If the channel map is set the same in both the radio and the quads FC's then I would think it was a bad receiver, but if all channels work but just not in the correct order I would probably try to change the order in the FC to see if I could ghet it all to work properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax