Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cl_Racing f4S FC, XSR Receiver, Taranis x9, Need help

I recently won a Taranis QX7S in a raffle so I have moved my X9D+ to my backup, but I have them all configured/programmed the same way and they are nice radios.

YOU HAVE THE R-XSR. YOU ARE THE SECOND PERSON WHO IS WORKING WITH THE R-XSR. I HAVE NOT TALKED TO ANYBODY WHO HAS THE XSR THAT WORKS

I have 3 xsr, 1 r-xsr, 1 xm and 1 D8 currently in use and I am not having any issue at all, range is great, no failsafe’s.

I have totally come to a stop. I went over the Taranis settings. I even installed the other firmware, and after doing that and binding it. I got no green, it would not bind. So I reinstalled the original firmware and re-binded it. And now I got the green light back.

When I went through the Taranis videos you sent. Once I got to the part that he entered betaflight to set limits, I could not continue because in betaflight the controls are not seen by betaflight. I am very lost and not sure what to do now. I waited 2 years to start this hobby. I purchased my house last October, And was finally able to budget to start this hobby. Was very excited. I spent over a thousand for the radio, fatshark goggles, etc. etc.

This is actually the second flight controller I have used. I started with the Kiss FC. And had issues. I sent it back for a replacement. But went ahead and purchased the Cl_Racing f4 S FC AIO. And now this. I have spent well over 100 hours trying to figure the Kiss FC and now this.

What other firmware? The first thing you should be doing is upgrading the XSR to the latest FW, and you should upgrade the Taranis to 2.2.1, and last you should upgrade the FC to 3.2.4 and you may find that things work then.

The Taranis and receiver have been updated. Should I reflash the fc

I am going to re flash the firmware on the FC. When I did it before there was 2 Cl_Racing f4 firmwares. Which one to use, I did not see f4s

You want this one.
upload_2018-2-18_14-29-55.png

I would not load any 3.3 Release Candidate yet, I tried the first one and had some issues, went back to 3.2.4 and all worked so I know the 3.3 isn't stable enough for my likings yet. 3.2.5 should be good but I am still on 3.2.4 on all my birds for now.

This can be frustrating at times i know, but you will learn a lot and the payoff I think is well worth it.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Okay, I refreshed the fc. And before I changed receiver settings in betaflight I had a solid red light. After I changed it to sbus it started to flash. I need to walk away for a little bit

I have definitely have been learning alot. But now I just don't know what to do.

Okay, I refreshed the fc. And before I changed receiver settings in betaflight I had a solid red light. After I changed it to sbus it started to flash. I need to walk away for a little bit

This does not make complete sense to me, the Remote Control (Taranis) connection to the RX (XSR) has nothing to do with the FC or flashing it. That being said maybe if the FC is not able to respond on the right Serial_RX port due to config, the XSR might see that and stay red and when the FC is configured the XSR is now happy and goes green. I would need to run a test here with my stuff to see how the XSR reacts to losing comm on UART3 to know if part of what you're saying made sense.

After reading your post a few times I think it makes sense now, so the green light is back to flashing with a solid red light also. This means (I think) that there is a arming flag set. What does the last line of the response to "status" in the BF CLI???

In this example the FC wont arm for 2 reasons, it does not see the RX (RXLOSS) and it is in CLI mode (CLI)

upload_2018-2-18_3-4-0-png.1893

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax