Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cheap racing drone build for cinematic stuff?

SPS657

Reaction score
Best low budget racing drone build for cinematic stuff. I used to fly gas helicopters. was pretty good...could cut the grass... everything. So I want to build something cheap but still right. I have no goggles no nothin.
Can you guys suggest the best cheapest compatable setup? radio,goggles,and a drone receiver rtf?
Thanks!Hope this is a nice forum this my first post.

Best low budget racing drone build for cinematic stuff. I used to fly gas helicopters. was pretty good...could cut the grass... everything. So I want to build something cheap but still right. I have no goggles no nothin.
Can you guys suggest the best cheapest compatable setup? radio,goggles,and a drone receiver rtf?
Thanks!Hope this is a nice forum this my first post.
Welcome to the forum.

You did not mention what size quad you are looking for. Are you wanting to fly a GoPro or use one of the HD Recording/FPV cameras that are available. I have only built and flown smaller whoops so I probably can't help much on the quad itself.

I wouldn't suggest a "cheap" controller as you get what you pay for and the feel of the controls will be important, especially if you have flown proficiently before. My suggestion would be the "Radiomaster TX16s". Very good radio and smooth feeling gimbals.

For the goggles, many say the "Eachine 800D's" are very good for the price. The antennas that come with it are descent, but you may want to upgrade those.

For the receiver, I would start with the "FrSky R-XSR" as it performs very well for the price. It also works with the stock Radiomaster TX16s transmitter.

I recently picked up a "RunCam Split 4 Nano" but with my new job, have not been able to check it out yet. The camera and electronics come in at only 10.2 grams so should be able to be used on smaller whoops. It records at "4K@30fps/2.7K@60fps/2.7K@50fps/1080P@60fps" with the built in DVR in MP4 format.

A guess regular size? My sister has a Mavic mini and I know the standard racing size that fits a go pro is a tad bigger? I'm not sure. I'm not sure what inch. Thanks so much for the quick response. All opinions appreciated But yes have a new go pro silver I'm going to put in it. Which goggles are the cheapest but best and how do I make sure everythings compatable?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
A guess regular size? My sister has a Mavic mini and I know the standard racing size that fits a go pro is a tad bigger? I'm not sure. I'm not sure what inch. Thanks so much for the quick response. All opinions appreciated But yes have a new go pro silver I'm going to put in it. Which goggles are the cheapest but best and how do I make sure everythings compatable?
I think most would call "Regular Size" a 5" quad for carrying a GoPro. I'm sure others will chime in and help more with that than I can.
The transmitter I suggested, works with most of the receivers out there. It also has a bay if you want to use "Crossfire" for long range.
As far as the goggles "cheapest but best", the goggles I mentioned are about $130 usd, where I paid over $700 for my goggle setup. There is a huge difference between "cheapest" and "best" (I don't have quite the best by the way...) All of the FPV video transmitters and receivers work on the same channels so all should be compatable.

Thanks guys sorry for the Long reply... I'm going to buy the transmitter you suggested or a spectrum. And probably the goggles too. But I also may want to fly long fpv with a wing. Eventually get into waypoint missions. What drone is the best to get to breakdown and rebuild once it smashes the frame?

Thanks guys sorry for the Long reply... I'm going to buy the transmitter you suggested or a spectrum. And probably the goggles too. But I also may want to fly long fpv with a wing. Eventually get into waypoint missions. What drone is the best to get to breakdown and rebuild once it smashes the frame?
?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix