Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Charger Recommendation

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
I'm wanting to branch away from my entry level Emax USB 1 and 2s charges now so i can start to explore the world of 4S 5". Can anyone recommend me a charger with a parallel board which plugs into wall that will continue to do my 1 and 2s packs off parrallel but also XT30/60 packs . Must also balance and storage (naturally) thanks folks :)

I don't think there is any one board that will do all of those, I think you will need multiple boards to accomplish this. Do you already have some kind of 1s/2s parallel board? If so, do they have Banana plugs or an XT60 for the mains connection?

I'm just using the small usb chargers which charge in series i think. I'd need the boards and the charger as you say.

Actually the little USB chargers charge in parallel (meaning they all charge at the same time instead of one after the other), but unlike a parallel charge board they are completely separate and isolated charge circuits without any connection to the other battery sockets on the charger. As far as chargers go you might look at Hota and iSDT, they both make good chargers and there are a few models that are AC powered, but some are only DC powered and would need a separate power supply or a big car/boat battery to run them and you will likely need a few special cables to hook things up depending on what the output of the charger is (many are XT60 now) and what the input to the parallel boards are (some are XT60, some are Banana plug). This is not easy to pick just one, and a decent charger/parallel boards are not super cheap, I think you will need to look around at what is available and decide what you will want/need. There are not many 1s and 2s parallel boards so I am not sure there is a great answer for what you are looking for. To charge my 1s-6s packs I have 4 parallel boards and 2 charging cables plus a few different adapter plugs/cables. You need to look at the different types of connectors you have on your batteries and try to find something that will work for each, it isn't easy or cheap, you will likely spend around $250 dollars for all the stuff you may need. I am sure others may chime in here with some options, and I will look online later to see what new may have come out for you.

Great advise thanks. You'd think someone would come out with a 1-6s charge kit with everything ready to go supporting JST , XT etc

Great advise thanks. You'd think someone would come out with a 1-6s charge kit with everything ready to go supporting JST , XT etc

So, this is my setup. Not sure if it meets all your demands but it charges XT30/60 up to 6S as well as PCT 1S and 2S (you connect mains to the small board and balance on the bigger board). The only problem I had was those pesky BT 1S batteries for Betaflight whoops but I got a separate charger for those. It's true the multitude of plug standards is a pain in the *** in this hobby but all you see in the photo are two balancing boards around EUR10 each, a couple XT30/60 converters that cost maybe EUR15 between the lot of them and the Imax charger. All in all not more than EUR100 and you should be set. I can send you links if you like but I am in Europe so depends where you're based you may wanna buy elsewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: coyote_dc5
That's really helpful thanks . I'm UK
That 1/2s board looks interesting. Is it connected via XT60 to that other parallel board so essentially diasy chained?

Take it nothing stopping you getting one for XT30 as well so no need for converters so you'd end up with a board for XT60 with it chained to two separate boards (XT30 and the PHT ones)

So I ended up going with this charger ISDT 608. This will do for my 4s XT60 hornet now and I'll just use the USB PH2 charges for now separately. Once those cells have died I'm going to solder on XT30 tails onto my TH2 and TH2F and then use this safe parallel board ISDT PC-4860 to charge/store them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax