Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Chaos is a good thing...

great to hear your all setup and flying Tevek. just take it slow and level for a while. burn lots of batterys as often as you can!! if you feel out of control than you probably are.. just slow down a bit.

My best advice for learning to fly is learn to bail from a move before you actually go for it. make multiple approaches. most of the time, "bailing" means scrubbing all momentum into a hover.. eg simply stop, hover and go back around. other times though it could be an alternate flight path
but being able to stop and hover on spot any time is a key skill to have and not as easy as it seems.
Enjoy and have a ball with it!

your right, its hard to tell just watching.
:10sec
:59sec
2:20
2:25 (truck traffic)
2:46

there was no attempt at flow here.. this is raw dog looking for lines and trying new moves. eg.. thrashing

Reactions: HighTechPauper
we go physically stand under these trees looking up for lines, picking approaches and "targets" (pick a twig) to hit.. there may be several twigs, branches, spots on the ground etc that we line up to target before we can even see the real target gap but its part of the approach.
we plan approaches and bailouts ahead of time.
last weeks "flying at school" vid.. we stood under that big tree looking up for a good 10 min planning before trying such a tight spot. pre planning is a good thing and gives better situational awareness of the airspace. first four of 6 batteries was simply testing our planned lines
close tree work is tough but what a rush.

edit: we don't race (yet)... my thinking is we'll be ready for complex race gates..

Last edited:
great to hear your all setup and flying Tevek. just take it slow and level for a while. burn lots of batterys as often as you can!! if you feel out of control than you probably are.. just slow down a bit.

My best advice for learning to fly is learn to bail from a move before you actually go for it. make multiple approaches. most of the time, "bailing" means scrubbing all momentum into a hover.. eg simply stop, hover and go back around. other times though it could be an alternate flight path
but being able to stop and hover on spot any time is a key skill to have and not as easy as it seems.
Enjoy and have a ball with it!
Thanks for the tip, makes perfect sense rather than the chaos any bystander would have witnessed yesterday. Wrong camera angle for the baby steps I was trying to take and having being used to the luxury of using phantom FPV camera gimbal adjustments on the fly, it didn't take long to break into a sweat. On the positive side, I received another 4 batteries yesterday, so off to the park again and practice 'bailing' and cutting small laps. Not hard to see why folks get so wrapped up in this sport, the desire to improve is overwhelming.

yup, lower your camera angle to go slower. great point Tevek!
A higher FPV camera angle makes you fly faster simply so you can see. starting at 20deg is calm... my gopro and camera are at 30deg.

Nate and I are not pro, we just have fun!! i hope the advice here helps someone. there are as many approaches as there are pilots honestly. I'm just throwing it all out there as a safe outline. repetition is always best with any discipline. flying is no different.

Nate and I are not pro, we just have fun!! i hope the advice here helps someone. there are as many approaches as there are pilots honestly. I'm just throwing it all out there as a safe outline. repetition is always best with any discipline. flying is no different.
Yep, I'm heading out shortly with 20 degrees (according to Betaflight) and do some circle work. As for your degree of skill, you could have said you were either A grade racing pilots or close to it and I would have believed you. Sharing your experience and time are what make these forums more than worth the while. Cheers.

yup, lower your camera angle to go slower. great point Tevek!
A higher FPV camera angle makes you fly faster simply so you can see. starting at 20deg is calm... my gopro and camera are at 30deg.
Well I went out to the park today, flew at a moderate pace, figured out my ability, and I had a fat time. Gentle at first, confidence stepped up and I started to feel comfortable and I was doing laps without losing my spleen and so ecstatic. Came home and dribbled to the wife and sooooo happy! Good times indeed.

i actually got a couple batteries in today ( : while nate was working. his new job is managing a drift cart track. its an awesome opportinty for him to drive fast daily! Meanwhile a couple batteries to myself was fun. I should fly more often... it was over a week since i flew, Nate gets all the batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax