Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Changing a receiver betaflight the same?

RCKable

Reaction score
When you change out a receiver (because you got a different RC), once you are done will you have to go and make any changes in betaflight? (or whatever software you use)

I was tempted to buy the wizard X220 from Grayson hobbies, but keep the setup they do to it before they ship it out. I was a bit worried about not having any hands on help with Betaflight, but I just found a local group of people that are flying race drones, this evening so I might end up going with the Diatone Tyrant S and use the Turnigy Evolution. Just have to decide if I want to wait until September to get one (they are backordered)

I absolutely love my Tyrant S, and they shipped it very quickly (I got it in less than a week) once they got it in stock from backorder. And considering it's a BNF, that fits pretty well with getting your Evo.

Where are you rckable? If in Australia Buzzhobbies.com.au have I'm stock. Grant is great he set mine up entirely rtf and with spare props fs-i6 and 2x4s 95c all delivered 2 day's after ordered. Total $548

Wow that seems pretty steep. That's about how much I spent on my start-up costs, and I also got Goggles Two, FS-i6s, and a few nice batteries (also probably some other small things I'm forgetting).

Hey Fiddlebog, I could have got all the gear cheaper of course but being new to these particular birds I thought I'd get it rtf. When your use to rtf packages like parrot bebop 2. And not overly up with all the tech. I decided to go that way. Even cheapest price I could find on tyrant alone was$299. His price is $317

Yeah I definitely understand getting RTF when starting off. I got BNF because I wasn't comfortable doing a build (though I am fixing to do a build soon!), which is always the cheapest option. But I got my Tyrant S directly from Diatone for $220, and they're going for even cheaper on BangGood.
I did almost get the RTF package from Grayson myself.

Where are you rckable?
Im in the US Virginia.
I got to speak to some guys that do drone racing, and fly for fun. I got to see the X220 in action today, and I was really impressed with it. Most of them recommend a build, but they understand going RTF but assured me I have help if I do build or go with BNF/ARF (they are the same thing right).
Tyrant S w/ Evolution is the way Im leaning much more now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya