Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cant sync controller with fpv drone, purple/blue blinking + red light.

petepete

Reaction score
Im trying to sync my Emax Buzz with Taranis X7 controller, but nothing happens, Cant sync controller with fpv drone, purple/blue blinking + red light. Nothing happens when im connecting it to Betaflight configurator either…

Hi @petepete, welcome to the forum!
We will need a little more info than this, like what RX is in the Buzz you have, and what exact procedure are you doing to "bind" it to the QX7.

Reactions: Wayno52
Hi.
Its the EMAX Buzz Fpv Freestyle 4S Drone BNF Frsky and trying to connect to FrSky Taranis Q X7 16ch ACCST.
Been following a few youtube tutorials but nothing works. Im holding in the button and plugin in the battery, but never gets the "green light", and then doing bind on the controller.

The TX needs to be in Bind mode BEFORE you hold the bind button on the RX and plug in the battery, it only takes a split second to bind if it is going to. Then take TX out of bind and reapply power to the quad and let me know what LED’s you have on the RX.

Reactions: tevek and Wayno52
Also, if the RX is an XM+, which is likely, make sure the TX is about 6 feet away from quad when you do all of this, the XM+ will have connectivity issues if the RX and TX are too close to each other.

Yeah having it in bind before turning on drone/button. And having it a bit apart.

Ok, you never said what LED's are lit on the RX (only interested in the RX indications) when re-powered after the bind attempt. It just may be that the RX is flashed with the wrong version, is your TX and FCC or LBT version?

What leds are lit? flashed with wrong version? fcc lbt? Im sorry but not sure what you mean...

LED's (Light Emitting Diodes) are the lights on the RX, there will at least be a red and a green one,maybe more depending on the RX model. There are 2 different version of firmware (computer code) that can be on the RX and TX, FCC (Federal Communications Commission) or EU-LBT (European Union- Listen Before Talk). This is all fairly basic stuff in this hobby.

If you’ve followed the process below, it could be your receiver is mismatched to your transmitter as @HighTechPauper has suggested (basically eu vs non eu firmware). Thinking that it is probably something very simple as I’ve had trouble on occasion trying to bind a few of my frsky receivers for no reason at all. And then it binds....

Thanks for all the help guys, still not getting any connection with the drone do (just the red blinking light, and the constant blue+blinking purple), no connection either with sync or to the mac on betaflight or ImpulseOSD.
Will just give up, but thanks for the help!

• Sad
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Thanks for all the help guys, still not getting any connection with the drone do (just the red blinking light, and the constant blue+blinking purple), no connection either with sync or to the mac on betaflight or ImpulseOSD.
Will just give up, but thanks for the help!
No way are you giving up, there are literally thousands of us with the same Taranis set up as you, they are problematic at times but I have well over a dozen quads with frsky receivers bound to the same Taranis qx7s controller. Might be time to post up some videos of what happens including photos of your receiver wiring.
Did you buy the quad prewired and ready to go?
Have you set up a new model in your Taranis before you started trying to bind the quad?
The issue of mismatching firmware between your receiver and controller might be a thing, where do you live and where did you buy the quad and controller? Reason being that i once bought a European receiver and tried to match it a non European controller, never going to work unless you flash the correct firmware on either the controller or receiver.
Over to you.

• Love
Hi Pete, I didn't see any antennas for a Receiver, are you sure this isn't a PNP model? If there is a RX in it, can you send a short video of it's lights (LED's)?
And can you please post a link to the exact model you purchased?

Reactions: tevek
Hi Pete, I didn't see any antennas for a Receiver, are you sure this isn't a PNP model? If there is a RX in it, can you send a short video of it's lights (LED's)?
Thinking the same thing, couldn’t see any antennae, just the vtx and FC board lights flashing.

bought it prewired and ready to go, both from the same store in europe. this is how it looks when trying to sync: ddd ddd has shared 1 video with you!
As mentioned below by @HighTechPauper, can’t see any sign of a receiver which you need to bind your quad to your controller. Looks like a Emax Hawk 5 bundle kit that you have purchased which I suspect needs a receiver to complete the package. If so, not a problem, you just need to get a frsky receiver such a r-xsr or xm+ which can easily be soldered and then bound to your controller.

Ended up giving up on this. But thanks anyway guys! appriciate it.
As i mentioned earlier, you can’t give up, you’ve got a fair amount of money tied up sitting around doing nothing. I just finished installing a receiver to my latest quad and it took ten minutes to install and ten seconds to bind, so I’d be really interested to see a video of you binding your emax quad. It has to be something simple that you may be missing and we can help you get it sorted.
I don’t like where the antennas sit and will move them later but as I said installing and binding the receiver was easy.image.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz