Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can't Bind Frsky Xlite to R-XSR (tried everything)

the.ronin

Reaction score
Having some trouble binding my Frsky Xlite to an R-XSR. I do get the telemetry voice messages but do not see any stick responses in Betaflight.

* Correct connection to Matek F405 mini FC (yes, SBUS pin correct I did not use the wrong cable).

* Updated firmware on Frsky Xlite to latest; updated firmware on R-XSR via Xlite to latest.

* R-XSR is not in DPPM mode.

* Tried checking stick responses in Baseflight both with just USB and USB + lipo.

At my wits end here guys any help please. ?

[edit] Just tried holding down F/S for 5 seconds while powered on the rx to switch between SBUS and PPM. I wasn't sure which was which (not in manual) but one mode has just solid green and the other mode is solid green and solid blue. Still no stick movement in Betaflight both with just USB and USB+lipo before and after Tx and Rx power cycle. Seriously this is nucking futs.

[edit 2] To be clear, Betaflight shows movement in the craft if I move it around. It is not recognizing stick movement on the receiver even though it appears to be bound correctly to the R-XSR.

Also, and I don't think it should matter, I tapped telemetry off of the Rx and connected it to the smart port connection on the Matek F405 mini.

Halp. ?

Last edited:
Ok after a lot of hemming and hawing, I rewired everything up like how I started except for this ...

Also, and I don't think it should matter, I tapped telemetry off of the Rx and connected it to the smart port connection on the Matek F405 mini.

... and everything is fine. Why I couldnt bind to those other receivers I have no idea. I checked their firmware and did not see any FCC specific update if there was even any update. Anyway ... done.
biggrin.gif

Reactions: Wayno52
Thank you Wayno. But now I'm going to retrace everything I did to see if I can find what was causing the wierdness. Ah, the trials of drone building. I missed this LOL.

Ok after a lot of hemming and hawing, I rewired everything up like how I started except for this ...

... and everything is fine. Why I couldnt bind to those other receivers I have no idea. I checked their firmware and did not see any FCC specific update if there was even any update. Anyway ... done.
biggrin.gif

Ok, I can confirm this was the issue. I soldered back this smart port hack wire to the FC as per the wiring diagram and I was back to no radio response to stick movement. Not sure why maybe that's an outdated tutorial video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax