Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

can’t get my motors to spin

First 3 do do do's are the ESC, the last 2 do do's are the ESC saying they see a valid connection to the FC, so I would look at the connections between the FC and ESC and make sure the FC is getting power.

First 3 do do do's are the ESC, the last 2 do do's are the ESC saying they see a valid connection to the FC, so I would look at the connections between the FC and ESC and make sure the FC is getting power.
Didn’t the Police do a song called that. ’The do do do....’

I put a new wire from esc to fc to be safe and the fc is doing everything else the fc should do still same issue

If you have a cable harness between the 2 did you verify the pin outs and that they are providing everything that the other needs? Just because the connectors fit doesn’t mean the pin outs are comparable. Maybe tell us what make and models of FC and ESC you have? Maybe some pics of the connections between the boards. I doubt you can type a few very short sentences and we will know what could be going on, all you have told us it that “it doesn’t work” and very little real information. Sorry.

Reactions: tevek
I’m using a mamba f405 mk2 stack from a pnp diatone gtr mk3
Bought it recently as my first 5inch
when I first plugged it into beta flight I could use the Motor tabs test thingy and spin each motor when I had the Lipo plugged in.
I have since updated the firmware and connected a spm4650 receiver and can arm the quad but now even in the motor tab in beta flight they won’t spin

Ok. that is a lot more specific. Since this all worked at one time it could be that wire(s) in the harness have broken under the sheathing, maybe try to ohm out the harness. If 5v/Gnd and/or VCC/Gnd have issues it may not work, my guess is 5v coming from the ESC to power the FC maybe since the USB 5v does not power the whole rail. What makes you so sure it is actually arming?

In the googles it says armed and in the motor test bit when I move the sticks I get a response on screen as if thay were being powered
I have already used the 2nd esc to fc wire to try it out and done a continuity test from The fc to the esc on the harness

Ok. that is a lot more specific. Since this all worked at one time it could be that wire(s) in the harness have broken under the sheathing, maybe try to ohm out the harness. If 5v/Gnd and/or VCC/Gnd have issues it may not work, my guess is 5v coming from the ESC to power the FC maybe since the USB 5v does not power the whole rail. What makes you so sure it is actually arming?
Just tested the harness it’s fine
Did notice when I arm sometimes one motor jitters a little

Since this used to work in the other frame, it is likely that some damage has occurred, if you are not getting all 5 tones (3+2 more) at power up, something big is definitely broken or wrong. I am not sure what to tell you to do next, it is hard to say without being able to see it and do some testing on it myself.

Since this used to work in the other frame, it is likely that some damage has occurred, if you are not getting all 5 tones (3+2 more) at power up, something big is definitely broken or wrong. I am not sure what to tell you to do next, it is hard to say without being able to see it and do some testing on it myself.
Hay just wired up same issue one motor stutters motors won’t spin

• Sad
Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232