Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Camera transmission quality x220

Nigan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,,
I'm probably reaching for the stars or 4K quality but video transmission is pretty sketchy at about 60 mtrs. I'm running an x220 wizard with an Eachine TL5823L Vtx coupled with a set of Dom v3 goggles. Antennas are aomway LHCP and flying out is fine but the return trip at roughly 60-70 mtrs is breaking up with black and white transmission and the the usual showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/ 'loss of transmission' lines across the screen. No big deal as i can still find my way back. Antennas are pretty much straight up and bent slightly back due to my 20 degrees learning stage. The picture quality is marvellous within 50 or so mtrs and flying out is pretty good, as soon as I return, it gets ugly, I've searched the forum regarding adding a 1000uF 35 V low ESR cap to reduce some of the inteference, I'll grab a couple In the next day or so to see if it adds any value.
Otherwise apart from changing out a couple of esc's and a motor, following a huge slam dunk, all is good.

Last edited:
You mention that your goggles are LHCP, is your quad antenna? If they're mismatched it will cut your transmission distance but still work, kinda like you're describing.

Also, do you know what power level you're transmitting at? You have a switchable VTX that lets you get to 200mw.
I use 600mw or better, upwards of 1000mw. Your transmission power has a great effect on your range.

I've got better reception as I get my antenna high and out of the way of everything else. It's more delicate in a crash, but it does transmit better.

Reactions: Futuramille
Ya I agree, the higher the better! I had a similar issue with my Chameleon when I had the antenna straight out the back and was going slow coming back towards me, using a mount that got it at a 45 degree angle is what I have found best for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax