Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Buying Session 5 - BestBuy or Amazon?

CC268

Reaction score
It looks like most folks are buying their Session from Best Buy due to their good extended coverage plans where you can simply walk in and have it replaced. Amazon uses Square Trade.

Any feedback on which retailer you would use if you were to buy a Session 5?

Thanks

I am a huge Amazon Prime person, but I bought a Session 5 just now from Best Buy. I hear their coverage plan is unbeatable and I can just walk in there and swap it out at anytime if I break this one. Bought the 2 year coverage.

I just snagged one from BB, 6 months no interest instead of paying immediately, and being able to drive 5 miles up the road if/when I break it clinched the deal for me. I have bought Square Trade before, and it seemed really good and really cheap, but I never needed it yet so I don't know how that would go or how long it would take.

Since you must have looked CC, how does the Square Trade stack up if the camera needs repair/replace? What did the first and second year cost look like?

I just snagged one from BB, 6 months no interest instead of paying immediately, and being able to drive 5 miles up the road if/when I break it clinched the deal for me. I have bought Square Trade before, and it seemed really good and really cheap, but I never needed it yet so I don't know how that would go or how long it would take.

Since you must have looked CC, how does the Square Trade stack up if the camera needs repair/replace? What did the first and second year cost look like?

Square Trade is actually cheaper and I hear they do a great job. But of course you have to be willing to wait a few days, week, etc (however long it takes for them to get you a new one). With Best Buy you walk in and out.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I am really having a tough mental time letting new stuff get banged up, I keep trying to tell myself "suck it up buttercup, you bought it to destroy because you obviously can't fly", and then throw it into the air... at high speed... when I've been drinking... and I'm very tired. It's beginning to help a little :)

I am really having a tough mental time letting new stuff get banged up, I keep trying to tell myself "suck it up buttercup, you bought it to destroy because you obviously can't fly", and then throw it into the air... at high speed... when I've been drinking... and I'm very tired. It's beginning to help a little :)

I am incredibly OCD. It is just my personality. So all my stuff has to be perfect - my transmitter, goggles, drone, etc. I clean all my gear with a damp microfiber when I get home, etc. lol. This hobby is not very conducive to keeping stuff nice (well at least not the drone). I wasn't so sure about spending $200 on a camera for a drone that is going to crash, but I do have a very nice TPU mount that should protect it quite well and a tempered glass screen protector on it (I have a bunch of these). We will see how it works.

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz