Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Buying a used drone setup need help from the experts!

Xevoxxx

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need your help.
I am buying a drone kit from a friend of a friend for $400 . Is this worth the money?

Thanks for your help, any comments are appreciated :)

5 inch frame:
Geprc Leopard 5" carbon fiber frame with aircraft grade aluminum cage.
Frsky x4r
Rotor riot run cam swift with extra lense
Racerstar br2205
F4 v5 pro flight controller with built in video
30 amp esc
TBS triumph antenna
3 x spare arms
19 x pairs of props
6 x batteries

Tarranis x9d special edition
Upgraded antenna
Dsmx pack for use with Spektrum receivers
Three spare receivers for other aircraft

Charger
Hitec X1 with parallel charge board

Fpv goggles
Skyzone v1 with fatshark face plate
Eachine dvr

Rounding down for easy numbers

Goggles: $200
Charger :$100
Controller $200
Quad $100
Plus lot's of extras...

As far as the quad, I can complain about the super cheap motors, or that I don't like the integrated flight controllers, but that's just being picky. The rest of the gear is good quality and worth the $400 on its own IMO.

Just know that FPV isn't cheap. This is a good starter set but we all crash. If you can afford another $100 or so for a micro to learn on it will spare you from potentially destroying your Leopard. Otherwise I would put some time in on a simulator before I jump in on the 5"

Would you recommend changing out the motors or just use it to get used to it. I know it will be difficult to learn to start. Luckily I have land with some open areas so it won't really be around trees ECT.

What would you recommend for a tiny model first to get used to it?

I wouldn't worry about changing the motors until you break one, then you can choose to replace it, or get a new set. Nothing wrong with using cheap motors on a starter quad.

For a micro, you want to go brushless. The HD models are more expensive and less durable, so I'd steer clear of those. 1s if you have room to fly indoors and 2s-3s if you're just outside. I just bought this Larva X and I love it for light outdoor stuff. Indoors, you can't go wrong with the original 1s tinyhawk. There's a TON of options, but they should all be around $100 and be FrSky compatible for your radio.

Or when you get it, hook your controller up to the computer and give the sims a try. I've never had the chance myself but some pilots swear by it.

That's amazing man , thank you so much! I'm pretty excited. I have been wanting to get into this for a long time now.

I appreciate the help. If you are okay with it I may keep your username handy for future as I am a techy person but have no experience with this yet. I'm confident I will pick it up fast but may need so initial advice once I get setup lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax