Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Building a drone but can I use these motors on a five inch quad

Ayayeron

Reaction score
Just wondering if it will work I know it’s for x class drones but what if I put it on a smaller frame will it create insane speed, thrust?

Attachments

• D04CB1CF-7C82-4AFB-B3A5-FD2686BF8D9F.png
    D04CB1CF-7C82-4AFB-B3A5-FD2686BF8D9F.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
If you want monster motors look no further

These motors at 1922 kv on 6s will blow your mind. You really need a 6 or 7 inch prop to fully take advantage of this kind of power.

Understand, the biggest motors don't make the fastest quad. I like the big motors because they lift the gopro and fly like a five inch without a gopro. That said, with the gopro off the craft isn't really much faster, just a little more nimble. If you just want to fly fast without a gopro, these motors are too big. I'd bet you get higher speeds on a 2208 or a 2207

Last edited:
I am currently experimenting with motor size. I have been running Joshua Bardwell’s Lumenier 2407 1700kv motor on 6s on my 5” and really liked the torque and low throttle control however they aren’t the fastest and tough on batteries. I picked up the Xing E 2208 1800kv and have been trying to decide what I like better. Still haven’t figured it out yet but having a ripping packs trying to ???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbystrek