Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Build thread Tomoquads Predator X 115mm

Great success, only had to raise the stack and the receiver squeezed out. Now, do I try again and remove the zip tie and shrink wrap from the receiver on my brushed micro...

I have a video, gotta get a chance to chop it up. I flew one pack, all recorded (hilarious at first). Then I did one punch out with the second pack, and jarred loose an FC power wire. I was planning to redo that anyway, wire arrives tonight. I got a video of the punch out though.

Jerry, you are ignoring my video on purpose!

In my defense:

1. It was windy
2. This thing hovers at 10% throttle
3. It makes me about half as nervous as my 5"
4. That second to last crash was a really dead battery fall out of the sky type crash

:D

Green,

Absolutely not! I've actually been in meetings all day, just got out. I haven't even watched it yet, I'm very excited to do so right now.

Jerry

Green,

That thing looks like a quick little bugger! I was wondering when you were going to move out into the open. I quit "tree flying" for a while until my skills improve. I was busting up my birds too much. I figure I'll fly in the open for a while until I grasp some of the basic techniques a little better.

Learning, fixing, building and flying are all different skill sets in this hobby, I think that's one of the reasons I like it so much.

Is your video stream breaking up as much as it is in that video? If it is, I'd be looking a a different VTX. I got a few of those new tiny Eachine VTX03 ones for some of my smaller builds, they're getting really good reviews.

Eachine VTX03 Super Mini 5.8G 72CH 0/25mW/50mw/200mW Switchable FPV Transmitter

Great job and thanks for taking the time to share your video!

Jerry

Reactions: Mtjunky
That thing is no good at all for proximity flying in the back yard, at least on 3S. But it will tear up the golf course. I will try and get a better video next time.

Reactions: Jtrjr
The clear parts of my video is pretty much what I see through my goggles (a little better really). The DVR antenna was pointed toward the golf green. When I flew by the tee box, the antenna was facing directly away and it is directional. Also, I do have more noise than you because of all the Wi-Fi nearby. Every neighbor has like 3 or 5 routers.

Yeah, I got you. I've got no wifi or interference to deal with but my own. And I'm running diversity. I just wanted to give you a comparison for your own analysis. I'm a big fan of sharing videos because the comparisons help me figure out things that may be wrong or different on my birds and the way I fly. I watched Trauma's video the other day and he's getting pretty good at working his throttle and yaws, something that I'm really weak on at this point.

Jerry

Reactions: theGreenOrange
New flight controller came in, the Raceflight Millivolt. I guess it is basically a revolt in 20mm form. It will probably be a few days before I put it in, but I will let you guys know how raceflight one is for me.IMG_20170516_194955.jpg IMG_20170516_195657.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix