Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

BLHeli-s 4 in 1 ESC question

jlgaustin

Reaction score
I am doing a brushless micro build and getting ready to jump into it. I have most of the wiring figured out with the exception of one. The motors to the ESC. I can see on the ESC (A1,B1,C1),(A2,B2,C2), etc and I am assuming this maps to the motor number. The part I am confused on and trying to understand is.

This is the ESC I am using
Amazon.com: Crazepony BLHeli-S 4-in-1 6A Mini ESC 20x20mm Mounting Hole 1-2S Lipo Input 3.3V 0.5A LBEC Electronic Speed Controller for FPV Racing Multirotor: Computers & Accessories

If I look at the standard motor layout for all the quads I have it's 4 2
3 1

There is no orientation I can put this ESC in where the motors would hook directly to it's closest set of pads on the ESC. The best I can get it is 4 1
3 2

Which means I would have to cross over for 1 and 2.

Is this normal or am I missing something here or doing something wrong with my assumptions of the setup?

I'm just guessing here. So please verify before you continue. Here goes - How about connecting the motors directly to the ESC without crossing over. Then just simply plug the corresponding servo wires where they need to be (let the servo wires cross over). ?????

Ahhh interesting idea.. that would be much easier then running all those cables around for sure. I look at this a little closer and see if that would possibly work. I mean worst case its just gonna spin the motor wrong, so I can just desolder and go a different route if so..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax