Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Black screen with OSD - Camera Dead?

Doko

Reaction score
Hi,

After a landing (easy), my camera stopped working. (I see black screen with OSD, changed to another camera and all is fine). (The cap is off of course).
I took out the camera chip, checked all solders and connection with a microscope and all seems fine.
Also check the cable and the connection crimps with a multimeter - all fine.
I notice that when plugged in, the chip get hot - Is it normal?

Anybody has another suggestion?

Thank you.

If you’ve changed out the camera and it works (power supply is fine), then it’s a camera issue. You haven’t stated what brand the camera is (known brand or copy), but they do fail without notice. I’ve just been through changing out a chinese rip off camera with a run cam micro swift that just stopped working. Same as yourself, swapped out cameras to prove the supply and vtx were fine, pulled the camera apart to find absolutely nothing except the tiniest trace of crap between the + and - input to the camera. Maybe that was enough to cook the board but there was no salvaging it and it went into the bin. Grinds me that there was nothing else to do and $40 was on its way to the tip. Unfortunately micro electronics are great until they are not.

Reactions: Wayno52
I've had the video out from my FC crap out for no apparent reason and it looked like that: black screen with OSD. If you don't have an extra camera to test, you can hard wire the camera signal wire to the VTX . You'll lose OSD, but if the camera works it'll come up

Reactions: Wayno52
did you try wiring to a different 5 v pad it sounds like the camera may not have power

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput