Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Black pearl monitor black & white wavy lines

Si_dean

Reaction score
hi guys,

I recently bought a black pearl monitor from ebay and teying to get it to pick up what my gopro is seeing on my phantom 2 drone but with no such luck..... no matter how many channels i scan for its just annoying black and white lines with no picture. On channel b (i think) it does show a glimpse of a picture.... but in grey n black and still with wavy lines making it impossible to see!

Ive checked my gopro and the monitor itself are both set to PAL (and also tried NTSC on both too) but still
No joy.

Im an absolute novice when it comes
To things like this so some
Easy help here would be really appreciated :0)

I know within the settings of the black pearl monitor and in the signal bit, there are
Opions to select channels A-E (i think it goes upto 'E'anyway and they apply to:
Diversity mode
Channel A
Channel B

Again, im a complete novice and have no idea what these mean ??

Below is a picture of what im getting on the screen, whilst the 2 x small blue ligts at the top of it are blinking side by side.

Attachments

• IMG_7111.PNG
    IMG_7111.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
usually an action cam broadcasts on wifi. fpv equipment transmit on 5.8ghz so the fpv monitor is probably receiving 5.8

Agh rite, yes i have a imeersion rc 5.8ghz transmitter on my drone, And then my blackpearl diversity monitor is obviously 5.8ghz too.

With all this in mind, what do i nees to do to correct the problem and get the monitor to
Show an actual picture.

I used to have a boscam 5802 diversity monitor and that picked up video almost instantly!

Can anyone shed any further light on this ?
I effectively have a monitor with blCk and white lines on it, and after 20 seconds of trying to fiddle woth it and get a picture its giving me a headache lol!

Any tips / settings would be great

If it isn't PAL/NTSC mismatch, I don't know what else would cause that exactly.

Are you sure you are on the right channel and not seeing a bleeding channel?Search for the signal with the quad far away from the video receiver.

Does your antenna polarization match? Either RHCP or LHCP for both rx and tx.

You may be broadcasing on a frequency the monitor can't receive. The monitor should have a frequency table in the manual, be sure you set your VTX to a channel listed on the table.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput