Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Binding - What am I doing wrong? :)

sbones

Reaction score
I am trying to bind my Flysky FS i6 Transmitter with this and I cant get it to work. Any tips? Thanks!

Hmm, have a feeling the mobula 6 has a frsky receiver and won’t be compatible with your FS-i6 (Flysky) transmitter. I have a couple of mobula micros and they are all BNF frsky.
I see. I suppose there is no definitive way to find out?

Any hoo, live and learn. Can you suggest the best receiver to use with the Mobula6?

Also, I'm new here (forum) is there a market place/trading section? I suddenly have a an FS-i6 for sale.

Thanks!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
you could probably tell which it is by plugging into BF and checking its FC target that is flashed into it, IF it is CRAZYBEEF4FS it is Flysky, if it is CRAZYBEEF4FR it is Frsky.

• Love
Reactions: Wayno52 and sbones
you could probably tell which it is by plugging into BF and checking its FC target that is flashed into it, IF it is CRAZYBEEF4FS it is Flysky, if it is CRAZYBEEF4FR it is Frsky.
Well, like I said, I'm a newbie. Like new born baby newbie. I just realized that I need to use Beta Flight to configiure the receiver. It will work after all. The problem now is that I use a Mac and I need to use a PC to use the CLI and Beta Flight. Gotta dig that machine out of storage. No worries. I will update.

Well, I got Betaflight 10.7 (Mac) installed, got it connected to my FPV drone, was able to check the settings and all looks good but I can't seem to get the receiver to do anything.

Again this FLYSKY FS-i6 is setup on AFHDS2A and I think the settings are correct but unless I am doing something out of sequence, I'm at a loss still.

Look at these things first...

TX and RX are not bound.
RX is not wired correctly to FC.
Improper config in Betaflight (Ports and/or Config tab).
Radio not configured properly for PPM or iBus.
Something is broken.

Flysky stuff can be a bit confusing, does your model of radio support iBus? Did you search for a youtube video to see how to go into the settings and configure it for iBus if it does support it?

Reactions: sbones
Look at these things first...

TX and RX are not bound.
RX is not wired correctly to FC.
Improper config in Betaflight (Ports and/or Config tab).
Radio not configured properly for PPM or iBus.
Something is broken.

Flysky stuff can be a bit confusing, does your model of radio support iBus? Did you search for a youtube video to see how to go into the settings and configure it for iBus if it does support it?
So I only understand a few things from your reply, I will answer what I know first.

The receiver does support iBus. But, while fumbling about with the receiver connector, I fried it by plugging it into the wrong type of battery. From what I was able to read online, that connection is only needed for RC planes and not quads.

The ports and config are correct for the quad as I am able to see the interface and it will not show the settings if it is not connected. As for the receiver, I don't know. It does not affect anything in Betaflight.

TX and RX not bound- I don't know how to tell. I can enter RX binding mode but it never connects with the quad.

Radio not configured properly for PPM or iBus. - I assume it's not.

Something is broken - other than the recivere connector I don't think so but I can't be sure.

Thanks!

I'm ready to give up on this receiver. Can anyone recommend another one with less steps to set up?

The receiver does support iBus. But, while fumbling about with the receiver connector, I fried it by plugging it into the wrong type of battery. From what I was able to read online, that connection is only needed for RC planes and not quads.
In my experience, once something has any piece/part fried, it is no longer reliable.

The ports and config are correct for the quad as I am able to see the interface and it will not show the settings if it is not connected. As for the receiver, I don't know. It does not affect anything in Betaflight.
This doesn't make any sense to me, there is only one way to know that the ports and config are correct, and that is when you get stick movements in the Receiver tab in BFC

TX and RX not bound- I don't know how to tell. I can enter RX binding mode but it never connects with the quad.
I am assuming you are bound since you seem to say that telemetry shows on the radio when power is applied to the RX

Radio not configured properly for PPM or iBus. - I assume it's not.
There is a video on youtube to walk you through the iBus setup

Something is broken - other than the recivere connector I don't think so but I can't be sure.
You can only be sure when it is all working properly, until then, yo can never be sure.

Thanks!

I'm ready to give up on this receiver. Can anyone recommend another one with less steps to set up?
Sorry I am not a Flysky user so I am unfamiliar with what they offer. Hopefully one of our members that has used Flysky before can chime in.

Some progress made!

I found a problem, the batteries I was using were not charged enough. (AA rechargeable) I'm having some kind of problem getting them fully charged.

When I put in new regular ones, the quad finally showed up on the Transmitter.

Now on to the next issue: I am still not able to control the quad because all the batteries that came with the quad (300mah / 3.7v) it are too low on power and I'm getting a low battery warning.

I plugged in the charger and left on charging for an hour but it was still not enough juice to cancel the warning.

I'm going to leave it charging over night and try tomorrow. I will update again after I try it.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput