Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

Binding - What am I doing wrong? :)

sbones

Reaction score
I am trying to bind my Flysky FS i6 Transmitter with this and I cant get it to work. Any tips? Thanks!

sbones

Reaction score
Hmm, have a feeling the mobula 6 has a frsky receiver and won’t be compatible with your FS-i6 (Flysky) transmitter. I have a couple of mobula micros and they are all BNF frsky.
I see. I suppose there is no definitive way to find out?

Any hoo, live and learn. Can you suggest the best receiver to use with the Mobula6?

Also, I'm new here (forum) is there a market place/trading section? I suddenly have a an FS-i6 for sale.

Thanks!

Reactions: HighTechPauper

sbones

Reaction score
you could probably tell which it is by plugging into BF and checking its FC target that is flashed into it, IF it is CRAZYBEEF4FS it is Flysky, if it is CRAZYBEEF4FR it is Frsky.
Well, like I said, I'm a newbie. Like new born baby newbie. I just realized that I need to use Beta Flight to configiure the receiver. It will work after all. The problem now is that I use a Mac and I need to use a PC to use the CLI and Beta Flight. Gotta dig that machine out of storage. No worries. I will update.

sbones

Reaction score
Well, I got Betaflight 10.7 (Mac) installed, got it connected to my FPV drone, was able to check the settings and all looks good but I can't seem to get the receiver to do anything.

Again this FLYSKY FS-i6 is setup on AFHDS2A and I think the settings are correct but unless I am doing something out of sequence, I'm at a loss still.

HighTechPauper

Reaction score
Look at these things first...

TX and RX are not bound.
RX is not wired correctly to FC.
Improper config in Betaflight (Ports and/or Config tab).
Radio not configured properly for PPM or iBus.
Something is broken.

Flysky stuff can be a bit confusing, does your model of radio support iBus? Did you search for a youtube video to see how to go into the settings and configure it for iBus if it does support it?

sbones

Reaction score
Look at these things first...

TX and RX are not bound.
RX is not wired correctly to FC.
Improper config in Betaflight (Ports and/or Config tab).
Radio not configured properly for PPM or iBus.
Something is broken.

Flysky stuff can be a bit confusing, does your model of radio support iBus? Did you search for a youtube video to see how to go into the settings and configure it for iBus if it does support it?
So I only understand a few things from your reply, I will answer what I know first.

The receiver does support iBus. But, while fumbling about with the receiver connector, I fried it by plugging it into the wrong type of battery. From what I was able to read online, that connection is only needed for RC planes and not quads.

The ports and config are correct for the quad as I am able to see the interface and it will not show the settings if it is not connected. As for the receiver, I don't know. It does not affect anything in Betaflight.

TX and RX not bound- I don't know how to tell. I can enter RX binding mode but it never connects with the quad.

Radio not configured properly for PPM or iBus. - I assume it's not.

Something is broken - other than the recivere connector I don't think so but I can't be sure.

Thanks!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Insanetec