Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Binding problem fixed, now other issues.

Well, all seems well with the x220 except for no OSD of the essentials like voltage and RSSI. I have the craft name and crosshairs but that is it. I installed the FrSky R-XSR after doing the firmware flash on it as was suggested by so many and as far as I know, I have everything set in BF to have the OSD displayed or otherwise I don't think I would have the name and crosshairs.

I did successfully get the motors reversed as I wanted to. I looked at a lot of videos on setting up the safe arming switch mode but it seems that everyone has a different way of doing it so I have not accomplished that yet but I want to learn how to do that. I will watch the videos again though. Seems that there is a way to do that in the Open TX Companion as well. Maybe I will look at that method.

Anyway, back to the workbench. ;)

Sometimes if you have all your OSD elements on the outer edges of the screen they are just out of view on your goggles, have you tried moving them into the middle to see if they show up then?

Did you watch the Bardwell video or others on Betaflight RreArm?

1592766392043.png

Being that I have the Fatshark HD3's with the large screen, I always have to move all of the OSD information towards the middle so that isn't the problem. All I see is the craft name, the crosshairs and Battery Full.

As for the video by JB, I had not found that one so I am watching it now. He is using the X9D though so I am having to work around that but I am used to doing that anyway. Thanks for showing me that.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I couldn't believe how simple that was to set up. Only thing is that I now have to set up my QX7 switches again since I moved the channels around. Thanks again for the tip on that video. Now to figure out the OSD problem.

Perhaps the OSD issue is a font issue, go to the OSD page, plug in a battery, and go to the Font Manager in the bottom right and Upload Fonts again.

Well, as it turned out, you were right about the positioning of the OSD elements. I have not had that happen before but as JB would say... "your'e going to learn something today".:D Now to button this quad up and charge some batteries. I have found a local school yard to try this thing out. I will leave the GoPro off for a few flights and then try it later when I feel confident to fly with it on. I am curious to see how it changes the flight characteristics. Thanks again for the help.?

I got my QX7 all set up and I even calibrated the switches just for practice. I used up all 8 channels I had it set up for. I wish that I could control the VTX with the controller. I am thinking up upgrading my gimbals next but that is not a priority. I want to get my MegaBee cinewhoop going too. I bought it used too and I did not get all of the connecting cables that would have come with the iFlight SucceX F4 V2 Tower System that is in the quad. I need the connectors for the buzzer and for the GPS to go with it. I don't know what type of connectors they are but they are like the camera and receiver connectors. One of these days I might have spares of them but I have not gotten that far.

I am curious to know if you fly any fixed wing aircraft. I have a kit FPV plane that I want to build sometime in the future. It is the Sky Hawk V2 plane. I got it cheap in the RCG classifieds a while back. I just thought it looked cool and it has room for a lot of options.

Thanks again for pointing out the simple way to set up the safe arming through Betaflight. I was not doing well with the other methods at all. ?

Doesn't your vTX support Smart Audio or Tramp Telemetry? If so you should be able to control most of the functions through BF OSD Setup once configured and working.

Upgrading your gimbals will not improve your flying.

The connections on the SucceX stack connectors should also be available on pads on the board, you can wire them up without the connectors and it will be more reliable, connectors are fairly notorious for causing intermittency and most prefer to direct solder.

I do not fly fixed wing.

You're welcome for any help I am able to give.

The vTX in the quad is the original Eachine TS5823S 40CH 5.8G 200MW AV Transmitter Module. The specs do not show those capabilities. Wouldn't it need to have a separate wire for camera control?

You are correct, that ancient vTX will not support vTX control through BF OSD Setup menu. Camera Control and vTX control are 2 different things and not related.

I was thinking of upgrading the vTX anyway. I never have gotten much range with 200mW power.

Since I installed a different FC board that is an AIO, I can't put the sides back on as the wires from the ESC's don't follow the same path. I want to use them though to keep the FC from getting covered in dirt and grass. I guess I will have to modify them to get them back on.

Since it only has the 200mW vTX on it, I don't need to find a big open field to fly over. So maybe, if it does not rain later, I can get this bird in the air.

I routinely go 6 football fields (600 yards) on 200mw, I took the sides off my Wizards long ago and never had a problem.

I guess that I should't gauge the distance based on the tiny dipole antenna on my Tinyhawk II. :rolleyes: ?

As far as the sides go, I was mainly concerned with the USB port but since it was open with the sides on in the first place, I think a small piece of tape over it will keep it covered.

Well, it is time to put the props on and see how it goes. :eek::D

Well, I did it! ? My first flight of a mini quad and flying in Air Mode at that. It was not a long flight as I was using an old 3S battery. The flight went well... until I landed in the top of a small tree at the end of the flight. ? The tree is small but I still had to get a pole to knock it down. The quad was fine until it hit the ground and broke a prop. I have to order some extra props for sure but I have enough to do for now.

I did not attach the GoPro but I did record the flight on the DVR in the goggles. I'm still not getting a really good distance out of the VTX. I got a few signal lost warnings from my QX7 as well. I will upload the video later on for you to watch so you can see what I was seeing. I guess it's time to break out the new 4S batteries I just bought and see how it flies with those. So, here is the video of the maiden flight.

Nice first flight! Please be careful of those power lines, if you clip them the quad could end up on the pavement and be broken, I would hate to see you grounded already. As you can see the video will breakup especially around trees, they have a lot of water in them (just like our heads) and that is a major blocker of RF energy, but I see nothing wrong with that vTX feed. Next time we get together remind me to look at your RSSI to see if we can get that working for you.

Reactions: graywoulf
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, those power lines are nearly invisible and I got lucky that time. I am considering a vTX upgrade though. It would be nice to fly farther than that but keeping in mind what you said about walking distance. ;) I wonder what vTX some pilots are using in the videos that I watch where they are flying all around trees without any glitches in their goggles DVR videos. Oh well, I will figure it out eventually.

I don't think you are looking at DVR, I think you must be looking at either onboard HD cameras like the Runcam Split or Caddx Tarsair type stuff, or other GoPro like camera footage. Do you have a link to one of these videos you are referring to?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput