Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

binding frsky with taranis issue

Is this a 2019 model radio with ACCESS or an older radio with ACCST, what happens when you take the radio out of bind mode after attempting to bind, and what led's are lit on the receiver when you power everything up after the bind attempt. Did you flash the receiver with the latest firmware for the protocol you are running, and what exact model of receiver is it. Did you hold the bind button on the rx when you powered up the quad, it seems it is all put together so I am not sure how you would hold the bind button when you applied power since it doesn't look like you can even get to it. So many questions, so few answers in that video.

Reactions: Wayno52
Its the ACCST. After trying to bind nothing happens on the radio. Reg. the lights after powering up: The lights in the video above. Its the "EMAX Buzz Fpv Freestyle 4S Drone BNF Frsky" setup. And Yes holding down the bind button when powering up to bind.

After trying to bind nothing happens on the radio. Reg. the lights after powering up: The lights in the video above.

Nothing will appear to happen on the radio during the bind sequence, what do you believe will happen on the radio?
I can't see anything about the receiver leds, I see all kinds of leds but can't tell what is on the FC or other boards and what is on the RX.
It makes absolutely no difference what make/model the quad is, it has nothing to do with the binding of TX to RX.

Im just answered your question, you asked what happens when im taking the radio out of bind mode :) Im not expecting anything to happen ;) But ok. thanks anyway for your time!

I'm not trying to be snide with you, I'm trying to get some actual helpful information on what is wrong. I have helped over 100 people on this forum get their Frsky gear configured and working properly, I was hoping to help you too but ok, good luck.

When we are new at something, we don't know what we don't know. How about telling me what LED's are lit on the RX after you take the radio out of bind mode and re-power the quad.
Perhaps something like this...
After taking the radio out of bind mode and re-powering the quad I have a solid green LED and a flashing red LED on the RX board.

-im not sure what more info I could provide?
@HighTechPauper is one of the very clever people on this forum and he will be able to help you, he has certainly helped me in the past. Your video shows me that your Taranis is in bind mode and you then move the quad around to show the lights on the FC flashing etc. Are you holding down the bind button on the receiver as you put the transmitter into bind mode? You need to hold it down for a couple of seconds and then release it, take the transmitter out of bind mode, disconnect the battery, reconnect it and then check which lights are showing on the receiver. Which lights are showing on the receiver?

Hi

Went threw the steps again:

Frsky XM reciever (on the EMAX Buzz Fpv Freestyle 4S Drone BNF Frsky)

1. Normal binding - not working.

2. Going threw the binding procedure step by step as this:

Result:
- Blinking RED and stable BLUE, not the stable GREEN. Same when stop bidning, and then takes power on/off in to the drone.

Reg. betaflight.
1. Updated Betaflight to 10.6.0 - No connection with the drone.
2. Downgraded to Betaflight 10.5.0 - Got connection with the card/drone.

Actually not 100% sure. I just re-set everything, did a full round again + old betaflight version instead of new one. Then got it to work.
Don't you just love it when that happens...
Great that it is going though, now get out and fly!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas