Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

BF Motor calibration and BLHeli issue...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Okay, I've moved on to some of my other drones. The one I'm working on now is a King Kong 90GT. It flies but it drifts quite a bit to the right. I checked all the trims and center points in my x90d+ and all is good. I successfully calibrated the motors in BF and the took a look at them in BLHeli. Something looks wrong in there. I'll attach a photo showing motor 2 and motor 3, Motors 1 and 4 look very similar to 2. Can anyone tell me what the picture reflects may be wrong with motor 3? Thanks.

Jerry

KK90GT-BLHeli Issue.jpg

I was going to post a Joshua Bardwell video regarding working with BLHeli but found a shorter version that I used a while back. Might be of help. Always thought you couldn’t calibrate D Shot, but you can.

Reactions: Jtrjr
The PPM settings won't make any difference unless you are running a Analog ESC protocol like OneShot or Multishot, but you can set them for 1020 min and 2000 max. If your eunning DShot them PPM settings don't matter.

Reactions: Wayno52 and Jtrjr
Also motor calibration isn't used for DShot either, though some set the ESC protocol to Multishot and do a calibration, and then set the ESC protocol back to DShot, but you should never do a calibration while running DShot. It shouldn't hurt anything if it is done, but it won't do anything for you, and some have had issues after trying to cal while in DShot though I think that could be due to cheap ESC's when it does cause issues.

Also motor calibration isn't used for DShot either, though some set the ESC protocol to Multishot and do a calibration, and then set the ESC protocol back to DShot, but you should never do a calibration while running DShot. It shouldn't hurt anything if it is done, but it won't do anything for you, and some have had issues after trying to cal while in DShot though I think that could be due to cheap ESC's when it does cause issues.
Hi Randy, I had an issue ages ago with one of my quads, Hawk 5 I think, and I used that video to fix the esc issues I was having (motors spooling up differently). Is that video I posted relevant? The issue with the drifting sounds like something that may need your genius to fix. FWIW, your fix with my DC3 has stuck and the thing runs on rails.

Okay, the 90GT is back in the air. I started from scratch (thank you tevek for the video link!), I flashed the ESC's in BLHeli, made the settings suggested in the video. Changed the protocol in BF to Mutishot and calibrated the motors. Went back to BLHeli and all settings looked pretty consistent. Did a test flight but still drifting. Took the bird apart, the FC had 4 rubber o-rings sandwiched between it and the frame. I went into my "old inventory" and found some of those red rubber isolators with the notch in the center that came with the old Raceflight FC's. The 90GT FC has semicircle cutouts instead of holes in it so the RF isolators fit perfectly. Put the bird back together, no drift. Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions and help!

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput