Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

betaflight no throttle response

emaxhawk5

Reaction score
I have built a quad with a sp racing f3 and a flysky receiver. I ve a issue with the throttle response: when I arm, motors begin spinning at the minthrottle (that s correct) but, as soon as I raise and lower the stick throttle, it doesn't respond
Everything looks ok because, in the receiver section, when I raise the throttle, it respond correctly... I ve also manual control of the motors and I am not in turtle mode... could you help me with this issue?

I can only speak to my experience, and this has happened to me twice.
Once the problem was the ESC protocol, and the other was a cold solder somewhere. The latter was tough to figure out because it worked on the bench, but it wouldn't spin up under load.

Check what your ESCs are running, and make sure you have it set correctly in Betaflight

If your throttle is responding correctly in the receiver tab of Betaflight, the first thing I'd look at is if the signal wires of your ESCs are connected to the correct pads on your flight controller. One question though, are you trying to test your throttle response while your quad is connected to Betaflight?

If your throttle is responding correctly in the receiver tab of Betaflight, the first thing I'd look at is if the signal wires of your ESCs are connected to the correct pads on your flight controller. One question though, are you trying to test your throttle response while your quad is connected to Betaflight?
yes, i ve tried to test throttle when i my quad is connected but he doesn t respond again...

i
I can only speak to my experience, and this has happened to me twice.
Once the problem was the ESC protocol, and the other was a cold solder somewhere. The latter was tough to figure out because it worked on the bench, but it wouldn't spin up under load.

Check what your ESCs are running, and make sure you have it set correctly in Betaflight
i m running dshot 600, and i m sure i ve set it correctly in betaflight in the configuration section

Have you tried it with lipo connected but not connected to Betaflight?

OK, so next question. You say that you can arm and motors idle. When you hold the quad with motors spinning (with props off of course) and tip it forward or sideways, do the motors respond at all?

OK, so next question. You say that you can arm and motors idle. When you hold the quad with motors spinning (with props off of course) and tip it forward or sideways, do the motors respond at all?
yes, when i ve props on and i move roll pitch and yaw stick, quad respond correctly but he doesen t land when i raise the throttle

Make sure endpoints on your throttle go from 1000 to 2000. There are betaflight defaults that trigger throttle at 1050 I think. Without endpoints set the throttle behaviour can be strange. This is my experience with symptoms similar to yours.
Hope you figure it out!

Make sure endpoints on your throttle go from 1000 to 2000. There are betaflight defaults that trigger throttle at 1050 I think. Without endpoints set the throttle behaviour can be strange. This is my experience with symptoms similar to yours.
Hope you figure it out!
thanks, i ll do it and i ll tell you if i fix the issue

I don’t have much experience but I did have the same problem with different hardware.
My fix was resetting all parameters to defaults and saving. I reflashed the eprom at the same time so I can’t be sure which action resulted in a fix but it works now.

I don’t have much experience but I did have the same problem with different hardware.
My fix was resetting all parameters to defaults and saving. I reflashed the eprom at the same time so I can’t be sure which action resulted in a fix but it works now.
ok thanks, i ll try

I have built a quad with a sp racing f3 and a flysky receiver. I ve a issue with the throttle response: when I arm, motors begin spinning at the minthrottle (that s correct) but, as soon as I raise and lower the stick throttle, it doesn't respond
Everything looks ok because, in the receiver section, when I raise the throttle, it respond correctly... I ve also manual control of the motors and I am not in turtle mode... could you help me with this issue?
I am experiencing exactly the same, but when I move the throttle stick over 30% the the motors go in full throttle and I have no more throttle control at all. The only way to stop the motors is to disarm. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am experiencing exactly the same, but when I move the throttle stick over 30% the the motors go in full throttle and I have no more throttle control at all. The only way to stop the motors is to disarm. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Did you read through this thread, understand the suggestions here, and try any of them? I guess we didn't get a report back from OP on his problem status...

Did you read through this thread, understand the suggestions here, and try any of them? I guess we didn't get a report back from OP on his problem status...
Hi, thanks for coming back so soon.
Yes I have tried all suggestions in this thread and few others. The only effect I have had so far is by dropping the throttle TPA down to 50 and dropping throttle max point in my transmitter to 30%. But then the quad is hardly able to lift off the floor and oscillations are near to unmanageable.

Hi, thanks for coming back so soon.
Yes I have tried all suggestions in this thread and few others. The only effect I have had so far is by dropping the throttle TPA down to 50 and dropping throttle max point in my transmitter to 30%. But then the quad is hardly able to lift off the floor and oscillations are near to unmanageable.
That sounds like a nightmare.
What are you running for ESCs? Have you tried updating the firmware there?

Reactions: simplyG
I have updated the BL Heli yesterday, and quadruple checked the calibration of all4 ESC. My f3 board came with pinned connection on top of one of them old style hobby king rectangular 4 in 1 esc boards. Just trying to resurrect a 3 years old project.
My last hope is to cut the PID's in half as recent forums suggest for 7" and up riggs.

Reactions: rtkDarling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax