Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Betaflight 4.0 (!)

rtkDarling

Reaction score
The new betaflight is AWESOME! It cleared up my MTO on both of my quads right out of the box, and I finished the tune with just some minor tweaks to D, and D-min. D-min basically let me raise the D term pretty significantly without setting my motors ablaze. Now my favorite 6" rig is flying so beautifully that I'm scared to send it all over again! It's actually flying better than my 5" Helio rig...

You guys tried it yet?

Reactions: Futuramille
Loaded it on my 3" Acrobrat yesterday and tried it in limited space but could notice much less prop wash and motors cool to the touch. Pretty promising. I need to try and set up Launch Control, looks awesome!

Loaded it on my 3" Acrobrat yesterday and tried it in limited space but could notice much less prop wash and motors cool to the touch. Pretty promising. I need to try and set up Launch Control, looks awesome!

I didn't know about it, had to look it up :)

I noticed the most gains on my 3" as well. It always carries a GoPro, so propwash and motor heat have always been things I'm juggling. The mid throttle oscillation on my 6" I had all but given up on, and the new filtering just fixed it. Poof.

I'm stoked

Last edited:
Reactions: RENOV8R
How is everyone feeling about the actual performance of the rpm filtering? I expected more. I know the esc firmware is in beta but it works so I know the fc has the proper bidirectional dshot telemetry. I suppose I can't expect too much considering my 6S 7inch builds have required a little dynamic gyro filtering to prevent noise from getting into the pid loop. Before I set up the rpm filters and flashed the blheli32 bidirectional dshot telemetry test firmware both builds required dynamic gyro and dterm filtering as well as gyro lowpass and dterm lowpass of 70hz so I suppose it's an improvement from that. I have been discussing it with Joshua bardwell and he assured me on a high power 6S 7inch build like both of mine in question this is normal to require a little additional gyro filtering as well as rpm filtering. As opposed to a very clean 5 inch. Anyone having similar results after flashing the new experimental blheli32 bidirectional dshot telemetry firmware and configuring the rpm filtering properly? Was able to disable static lowpass filters that were previously required for these builds. I guess it's not perfect or optimized for 7 inch 6S builds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax