Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Best drone for kids?

Tiny

Reaction score
I want to give my 12-year old boy a drone for his birthday. The DJI Tello is too small for me, so I'm thinking of getting him either the Mavic Air 2 or the Mavic Mini. Which one do you think is best? My son's a techie and he loves to take photographs, if that helps.

You might have better luck getting info from the sister forum.

Interesting that the 3 users that asked about Mavics today all joined the forum on the same day.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 3641
I wouldn't buy an expensive drone for him to learn on for one thing. He needs a drone that he can learn to fly manually on first. Even the Mavic Air and other DJI drones can experience GPS and compass failures and need to be flown back manually at times. Knowing how to control a drone first is imperative. Nice of you to want to introduce your brother to flying drones but don't let it become an expensive loss to start with. Look on YouTube for beginner drone suggestions is my advice. Good luck.

Cheerwing Syma X5C-1 for my kid. Simply brilliant for the price 50. A great drone for the price that handles windy conditions well and is even equipped with a 6-axis gyroscope for better balance in the air.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax