Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Best day of pactice flying so far!

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I had more fun today than I have since I started my foray into FPV Flying. I got everything ready yesterday and packed up the truck. Spent almost 2 hours flying. Had eleven fully charged batteries and 2 birds. My baby Bob (Crusader GT2) and my first quad the 250B. I just had a blast!

I've spent so much time learning, studying, upgrading, modifying and testing for this first day of just plain flying! Of course, I'm just a beginner so this won't excite too many of you but it sure did me. I'm going to upload a full flight of about 7 minutes. I don't usually do long videos but I wanted one from start to finish with no edits. I don't even have time to review everything I captured today so I just grabbed one from Bob and I'm going to post it here once it's uploaded (which will take quite a while with the connection I have here). I through a couple of music tracks in just to keep it interesting but left the motor sounds so you can hear this thing go!

For all of you guys starting out this should show you what your first days could be. I'm very grateful to the many people here who have helped me along the way, especially, TheGreenOrange. Good luck and I hope you guys have as much fun as I did this afternoon. All of the work was well worth it!

Jerry

Last edited:
Haha, thats great. Glad you had a good day flying. You crash much or do any damage? It will be very interesting to me to see what its all about...cheers

Pixel,

Didn't crash much out on that spot but I tried to fly in the trees earlier in the day, crashed four times in five minutes and quit! I used my JJPro P200 and I screwed up the props but that was really all. My VTX on that bird had an issue though, the 200mw setting died. It still works on 25mw but on 200mw nothing. I might have to replace the VTX.

Jerry

Jerry,
That was GREAT !
How did it feel ????
I cant wait to do that with the goggles !
Were you nervous at all, Since I still have not done that, I'm concerned about getting lost up there, and not finding my way back to myself.........or is it not as bad as I think ?

Great flips and rolls !

Danny Z

Danny,

It was a blast! Had a great day on the beach in Galveston the other day as well. A bit tougher because it was a bit windy and I was nervous about going into the ocean!

It felt great. I was more worried about losing video signal than anything else. It took a few flights to get myself oriented to the surroundings but once I started to know the area i got pretty comfortable. There isn't a chance in h@ll that I could have flown like that LOS. Still new but still learning!

Jerry

Why were you worried about losing video signal, were you getting a lot of snow in the goggles ?

Danny,

No, it was getting a tiny bit of breakup every now and again but I knew that if it went out of range I wouldn't be able to fly it because I wouldn't know where it was!

Jerry

Yes, I'm also running OSD on the goggles. I'm just putting the horizon, battery info, low voltage warning and RSSI on the OSD.

Jerry

I had more fun today than I have since I started my foray into FPV Flying. I got everything ready yesterday and packed up the truck. Spent almost 2 hours flying. Had eleven fully charged batteries and 2 birds. My baby Bob (Crusader GT2) and my first quad the 250B. I just had a blast!

I've spent so much time learning, studying, upgrading, modifying and testing for this first day of just plain flying! Of course, I'm just a beginner so this won't excite too many of you but it sure did me. I'm going to upload a full flight of about 7 minutes. I don't usually do long videos but I wanted one from start to finish with no edits. I don't even have time to review everything I captured today so I just grabbed one from Bob and I'm going to post it here once it's uploaded (which will take quite a while with the connection I have here). I through a couple of music tracks in just to keep it interesting but left the motor sounds so you can hear this thing go!

For all of you guys starting out this should show you what your first days could be. I'm very grateful to the many people here who have helped me along the way, especially, TheGreenOrange. Good luck and I hope you guys have as much fun as I did this afternoon. All of the work was well worth it!

Jerry

Awesome video jerry, had fun watching it. Cant wait until i get there also flying like that.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Awesome video jerry, had fun watching it. Cant wait until i get there also flying like that.

Thanks, Carlos! I've progressed quite a bit since that video. I'm now flying Acro all of the time. I've still got a long way to go but I'm having some great fun! I'm sure you'll get there as well!

Jerry

Thanks, Carlos! I've progressed quite a bit since that video. I'm now flying Acro all of the time. I've still got a long way to go but I'm having some great fun! I'm sure you'll get there as well!

Jerry

Very impressive! Getting good with the flips and rolls. Can't wait to get back in the air myself and keep practicing.

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax