Welcome to DroneRacingPilots!
Join our free drone racing community today!

Beginning

rojolibertario

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I've always been interested in drones but I don't like the fly time they have. On the other hand racing drones seems to be a lot of fun and with a longer fly time. So I have 2 questions:
1. For how long does a racing drone fly for?
2. Where do I get a racing drone?

Thanks,
Rojo.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

VirtueViolater

Reaction score
My advice to you would be to buy a transmitter, I prefer the Turnigy Evolution as it's cheap and works very well. The Turnigy Evolution will hook right up to your computer for a simulator you can download DRL simulator for free and get lots of practice. I would also recommend that you build your first drone as it's cheaper and you'll be able to repair your drone when you crash and you will crash. But I would definitely order a transmitter first and get on the simulator then start ordering parts for a build. YouTube and Google will teach you how to build a drone.
-Danny edit: race drones can fly anywhere from 1min to 15 minutes depending on the build and battery

Last edited:
Reactions: Keifie

QuantumQuadsFPV

Reaction score
I agree build instead of rtf, you learn about ur quad more and can fix and tune it. But buy a kit with all the parts that are guaranteed to work, if you buy separate aftermarket parts it is more dificult for ur first build.

QuantumQuadsFPV

Reaction score
Flite time about 2-5 min per pack depending on how u fly and what u fly, most ppl buy a lot of packs to fly one after another.

MPPilot

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I've always been interested in drones but I don't like the fly time they have. On the other hand racing drones seems to be a lot of fun and with a longer fly time. So I have 2 questions:
1. For how long does a racing drone fly for?
2. Where do I get a racing drone?

Thanks,
Rojo.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Before you spend a lot of money on something you might like I would recommend getting a cheap $50 drone like the Sima X5 series. It comes with a controller and you can practice basic flying skills before you start to sink a lot of hard earned money into this.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frier15