Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

beginner building drone

landonnap

Reaction score
Hello, I have a few questions about building a racing drone. I am trying to build for under $200 just FYI. I currently am lucky enough to own a DJI Mavic so I do have some experience.

So I went on getfpv.com and after a lot of research, I picked a few items out that I thought would work but I have no idea and would appreciate it if someone could look over my list and tell me if i am missing anything or if some components wont work. As of right now I am not looking at FPV (mostly due to costs) but I might add it in the future if I enjoy flying.

HGLRC XJB F428 V2 Stack - F4 Flight Controller - 28A Blheli_S ESC

Racerstar BR2306S 2700kv Brushless Motor

FlySky FS-i6 AFHDS 6CH Transmitter and 6CH FS-iA6B Receiver

Rotor Riot CL1 5" Frame

Lumenier 5x5x3 - Butter Cutter Propeller (Set of 4 - WILDWILLY Pink)

Thanks in advance.

Hi land, the thing is that it is far better to do a complete build with all the fpv gear at the start. Flying Los is hard when you have a quad capable of great speed.
Do you fly your mavic los?

I usually use the video feed and I see where fpv would be very useful but the goggles are so expensive, I did find a really cheap pair of goggles for like $40 but you get what you pay for. I will try and find fpv gear that I can afford.

Yep, unfortunately the goggles can actually be more expensive than the quad. You don't have to spend a fortune on goggles though. Eachine ev 800 or similar are great.
Just saying that los to start with on a race quad is tough .

Ok, I definitely will try to find some cheaper components. Does the FC ESC stack I listed need a power distribution board?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas