Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Beebrain won't power on lipo only but will on BF...

baevans11

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my new Beebrain v2 up and running right now and I'm having a problem. I have it flashed and configured it's bound to my Taranis and everything acts as it should in Betaflight but when I unplug from BF it will not power up on only a battery. I can get it to power up in BF with a battery it will arm and respond to stick movements but it will not with only lipo. When I plug in lipo and it's not connected to BF the boards leds will not come on but my AIO camera does turn on. I have the AIO powered right where the lipo pigtail is just on the opposite side of the board. This is how I powered my AIO on my furiousfpv acrowhoop v2. Any thoughts? Thx in advance.

Reactions: theGreenOrange
I'm new to quads, but I'm old to electronics and troubleshooting. In my mind, the FC can get power one of 2 ways, from the usb providing 5v, or from a BEC somewhere providing 5v. Either that BEC is on the PDB or on the FC itself. I would think it had to be a bad BEC or lipo power not getting to the BEC, or bad wiring from 5v/Ground rails to FC if BEC is on a separate PDB.

But would it still get power to spin blades in Betaflight? Cause it does everything perfectly in BF but only vtx powers through board when on lipo only. It' all very strange.
Does the vtx run on 5v? If so, then it makes a case that the BEC is fine and it is wiring to the FC. If the vtx runs on 12v or lipo power then it could still be a bad 5v BEC maybe. The battery to the ESC's must be good for the motors to spin, and if the FC is getting 5v from the USB then it will be able to tell the ESC's to run the motors and all will look normal. But if 5v isn't getting to the FC from lipo to BEC to FC then you will see what you see now.

I have almost the exact same problem going on with my Betaflight F3 fc. Have you had any luck in figuring this out?

Thanks Virtue, still learning, my thought was that there was no 5v wired to the FC from PDB. Does the BeeBrain take direct lipo power?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz