Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Battery voltage and current osd.

Reaction score
My 220 flies great despite some crashes early on, some breaking things then fixing them, breaking more things, replacing those, soldering, upgrading and a few video transmitters being damaged in crashes and then replaced. I now have very few original parts on it and subsequently have learned to be a far better acro/rate mode pilot. I have been going to construction sites after work in the early evening and making obsticale courses of them and flying through them at high speeds is the closest to fpv racing I will ever know until I am racing competitively. One issue I have currently is when my quadcopter is on a different floor of a building than I am or if it is otherwise significantly far away I am unable to hear my low voltage beeper plugged into my battery balance lead. I get decent video feed at distance due to my 2watt transmitter although I can't hear my low cell voltage beeper going off which I know one day will cause a crash and worse a lost quadcopter. I have almost lost my drone a few times in overdischarged battery situations and I know the equipment exists I just don't know exactly what I am looking for. Out if the 3 video transmitters I have bought and flown with I can't find any with a battery voltage/current osd. Where can I buy a video transmitter with a battery voltage connection so I can have at very least a voltage displayed in my video feed so I don't have to rely on a beeper. What is the manufacturer and model name of a decent battery osd video transmitter?

I have a slightly newer version of this spracing f3 than this in my quadcopter. My video transmitter is what I believe the issue is. I'm trying to find a video transmitter that can overlay a battery voltage displayed on my screen. I'm pretty sure it can be done without having an all in one flight controller where the FC, VTX, esc's and pdb are in one unit if that's what you're suggesting. 15388091382022440667974909429395.jpg15388090176478231804250235178083.jpg

Not really, if your fc supports osd then you can set it up in betaflight if that's what it's running.
Rather than through the vtx.
My diatone was through the vtx and it was through a program called mwosd.

Actually there isn't really such a feature that I know of in many, if any vTX, it would be in the Camera if it existed normally. Usually any newer cam will have a pin that can be attached to VBAT and throw it into the video feed.

Wayne, F3 boards do not support OSD, it is your Multi Wii OSD (mwosd) board that does that for you.
On my F3 boards that don't have a decent camera that can attach to VBAT and show it in the video feed I set up telemetry on my Frsky stuff to have the VBAT sent to my TX and then have it read out voltage level once I fall below a certain point.

Reactions: Wayno52
There are so many to chose from, which one you may like and is within budget is hard to tell. Look at Foxeer and Runcam, they are the 2 biggest in the industry, then check the reviews to see which model has the best picture characteristics.

Here is a quick search on Banggood, I personally try not to buy from there but post it here because it is available pretty much worldwide.

fpv camera with battery osd - Buy Cheap fpv camera with battery osd - From Banggood

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Also you won't be able to get "current" from the camera, and there is no way to do that except when the battery input is setup to go through a current resister. But you do not need that at all, just voltage.

Sorry I haven't been on the forum in a while. I've been busy. Thank you for the help. I have taken all of your responses into consideration and build a new quad entirely. Still an x220 fram although considering recent advice I am now running an F4 omnibus with foxeer camera as well as upgrading to 40amp esc's and 2306 motors. Besides the obvious improvements from my former 2205's and 20amp esc's. This quad aside from being a rocket ship... has what I have always wanted. That is not only the battery voltage osd, and current display as well as mah used. This F4 omnibus also supports blackbox and has an onboard sd card slot. I inserted a Samsung evo micro sd and now blackbox logs have made tuning so much easier. Now thanks to these upgrades the added bonus is I am able to see my FC's inner most thoughts and feelings (PID functions/pid error and Gyro readings) as well as a plethora of other useful information for turning.
Thank you so much everyone for your input! You have helped me accomplish what I needed and so much more. I am now in the process of upgrading all of my primitive f3 boards to F4 and leaving their obsolete functionality in the past. The f4 omnibus is more sophisticated than anything I have ever built. Not only is the osd configuration in betaflight as I was told but now I have gyro filtering I can use and I have doubled my gyro read rate and my pid loop as well and my CPU load is less than 7% with airmode and antigravity on! Thank you everyone for your help!

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax