Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Battery Sag

Wasn't the project just PID and Rates or did they come out with their own firmware too? I watched the same vid and it just seemed to be profiles to me

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Wasn't the project just PID and Rates or did they come out with their own firmware too? I watched the same vid and it just seemed to be profiles to me.

Just profiles. I was looking at the same website and saw that the whole setup was offered to copy and install via the CLI page so I did that instead of watching JB go through the whole thing.

That was when everything went down the tube so to speak. I had used this same setup on my Beta 65s quad without any problems so I figured it might make a big difference for my TH2. It did, but just not in the right way.

Just profiles. I was looking at the same website and saw that the whole setup was offered to copy and install via the CLI page so I did that instead of watching JB go through the whole thing.

That was when everything went down the tube so to speak. I had used this same setup on my Beta 65s quad without any problems so I figured it might make a big difference for my TH2. It did, but just not in the right way.
Do you not have a previous CLI dump that you can put back in?

If not, EMAX has it on their website.
TinyHawk II RTF/BNF - Manual/Firmware/CLI/Binding

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you not have a previous CLI dump that you can put back in? If not, EMAX has it on their website.TinyHawk II RTF/BNF - Manual/Firmware/CLI/Binding

No, I did not have the TH2 backed up as a CLI file as I have learned my lesson on that subject recently. HOWEVER, thank you very much for waking me up and for the link to the original CLI flile as it fixed the quad!! YAY! I was just at a point of frustration yesterday and needed to walk away from it all for a while. Now to reset some minor things and I can fly it again. Thanks again!! ??

@coyote_dc5,

My sincere apology for hijacking your thread. This is something I try my best not to do. I will go away now. ?

No it's all good. I've been enjoying reading and watching the activity ?

No, I did not have the TH2 backed up as a CLI file as I have learned my lesson on that subject recently. HOWEVER, thank you very much for waking me up and for the link to the original CLI flile as it fixed the quad!! YAY! I was just at a point of frustration yesterday and needed to walk away from it all for a while. Now to reset some minor things and I can fly it again. Thanks again!! ??
I would go ahead and try the project mockingbird changes again but manually enter in the changes. The CLI download is for the first TH and probably has different settings for the FC and probably a different FC as well. If all fails, you have the CLI dump to bring it back to normal.
Thank You @coyote_dc5 for letting us use your post...

I thought about doing that but since I am not racing or looking for any dramatic freestyle moves I don't know if it is necessary. I have not learned much of anything about adjusting the PIDs but I would like to do whatever it takes to get the most flight time out of a battery. I am still considering switching over to the BT2.0 connectors to help that.

I thought about doing that but since I am not racing or looking for any dramatic freestyle moves I don't know if it is necessary. I have not learned much of anything about adjusting the PIDs but I would like to do whatever it takes to get the most flight time out of a battery. I am still considering switching over to the BT2.0 connectors to help that.
From my understanding, it just makes it fly better period. I just got an email from a job interview earlier today and even though I applied for a parts driving position, they have offered me a management position so I will now be ordering the TH2. I will set it up with mockingbird and post the (TH2) CLI file for those that want to check it out... Will also be checking out the BT2.0 connectors... JB explains alot of what the settings do as he changes them in that vid.

Well congratulations on the new job and instant promotion! That is cool. I will be looking forward to seeing your TH2 PIDs in the future. ?

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Well congratulations on the new job and instant promotion! That is cool. I will be looking forward to seeing your TH2 PIDs in the future. ?
Thank You. Like I said in the other post @HighTechPauper, I have no money but empty credit cards. Now I can afford to pay for some of the toys...?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Looking forward to some of your footage.and mods you decide to do. It's an awesome little kwad you'll love it. Good luck with the new job

The TH2 is on its way. I also got some different size batteries to try as well as a bunch of the new BT2.0 connectors for conversion. I am also going to try the connectors on one of my 75mm whoops that has been using two 1s batteries with the PH2.0 setup to see the difference.

I don't know why I never did it before, but I used Joshua Bardwell's affiliate link to purchase the stuff. I have gained so much from his videos that I think he deserves it. I would encourage anyone else who has benefited from his vids to do the same as it costs nothing extra.

I'm doing the solid pin mod on the PH2 this evening so will feedback asap

Well I've switched it out and flown 8 packs both 1 and 2s and i can't say I've noticed an improvement at all. What I have noticed however is the amp read out on the OSD seems to now be 30/40amps as opposed to before it was 20/30amps so seems to now be able to draw more current so it must be helping it's just not that noticeable. Just a quick vid here

What I'm confused about now is the C rating factor of my cells and how I'm able to pull 40amps. My 2s are 300mah 75c so a max current of 22amps and the 1s are 520mah 80c so they can do 40a so I'm now wondering if my sag which is more noticeable on 2s is because the c rating isn't high enough rather than my battery tails. If i look at higher rated 2s lipos then they generally come with an xt30 connector so is there a theoretical amp limit of the PH2 connector? GNB do a 450mah 80c (36a) with bursts of 160c (72a) which I'm sure would just melt a ph2 socket.

Last edited:
I just read this on another post somewhere

Ph2.0 ??

xt30 - 30a continuous 45a burst 8secs - max peak 60a 3sec

xt60 - 60a continuous 120a burst 8secs - max peak 180a 3sec

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya