Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Battery issues....

Todd H.

Reaction score
Ok, so I am new to racing drones. I have been flying about a month and half. Which may sound long but I only get to fly really on the weekends. Wo with me learning and repairing the time in the air is significantly diminished. LOL...

So I bought 5 Floureon 4S 14.8V 1300 mAh 40C with a XT60 plug. Problem I am having is that I have had four out of the five end up dropping a cell. So granted these things have hit the ground a few times and likely are taking damage but the external package doesn't show it.

First battery died after a crash. I really don't know if the failure happened and then the crash happened or if the crash happened and caused the failure. The last two batteries however I am positive that I was flying in mid flight and then lost power and started to fall. I went to full throttle both times and was able to land without issues both times but upon further review I found that I had lost a cell.

So how do I know? I use a battery checker on my drone currently as a sounder for low battery and when I checked the battery when I picked it up nothing was registering on the screen. I then plugged the battery in as if it was a 3S and got power.

So my question is are these batteries just crap or am I possibly doing something wrong? If I was to guess I might have gotten say 30-40 flights out of these batteries at the most. Is this common?

Thanks for the help.

Todd Hensley

Reactions: HighTechPauper
You need batterys with a higher "c" rating, the 40 c paks you have now are useless for race drones. You need 75 c minimum

Reactions: Jtrjr
Hi Todd,
The C rating is the measurement of how much energy the battery can let go of at one time....higher the number the more energy the cells will be able to let go of at one time. Because lipo batteries are actually sensitive objects (chemically) it is important that we allow them the opportunity to do their job...
Easily. To low a C rating and they are stressed and will short out. You might find the thread "batteries, which ,what ,why, fact ,fiction ,opinion." I use 75C . Also the quality of the batteries varies a lot these days. You do get what you pay for.
Manufacturers I use...
Graphine turnigy
Tattu
Thunder power Adrenaline series.
No issues at al with any.

As always ,peace
Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr
Didnt see you post this earlier before I replied. They seem to work great so far and are cheaper than anything else thats comparable do you agree?
I do. Thinking these are the biggest bang for the buck. I have lots of cycles on mine and they are still like new

Reactions: Kongkameltoe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas