Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Bad experience joining the hobby.

Dragor

Reaction score
So I first had an issue with the hawk 5 that I received with a faulty Rx.

Now after a couple of days flying I am sure my Fatshark Attitude V5 are faulty. The screen is creating a doubling effect on anything that is white. My OSD for example creates a 2nd blue OSD 2-5mm below my OSD. Any white object also creates a blue shadow effect a couple of millimetres from it. This makes it hard for my eyes to focus.

Due to me taking so long to get the drone and getting it airborne i am now outside my return policy. Fatshark are currently referring me to a repair centre in my country.

Both faulty items were sent from two separate companies

Such a shame as I am loving the FPV experience and cannot wait to get back out there.

Now after a couple of days flying I am sure my Fatshark Attitude V5 are faulty. The screen is creating a doubling effect on anything that is white. My OSD for example creates a 2nd blue OSD 2-5mm below my OSD. Any white object also creates a blue shadow effect a couple of millimetres from it. This makes it hard for my eyes to focus.

Due to me taking so long to get the drone and getting it airborne i am now outside my return policy. Fatshark are currently referring me to a repair centre in my country.

Such a shame as I am loving the FPV experience and cannot wait to get back out there.
That's a shame you've had so many problems.
My hawk 5 only needed receive flashed.
I'm using attitude v3 with diversity receiver.
No problems at all.
Hope you get it sorted before you get too disheartened.

Last edited:
The screen is creating a doubling effect on anything that is white. My OSD for example creates a 2nd blue OSD 2-5mm below my OSD. Any white object also creates a blue shadow effect a couple of millimetres from it
I've had quads do this, but for me it's never been the screen, always a much cheaper part.
For starters, are you positive that you're on the correct channel? If you use autosearch on the goggles they'll tune in to the first signal they get, but sometimes you're tuned into bleed and it creates all sorts of strange effects. It's also a pretty cheap (maybe $20) camera they have on that hawk, and I've seen malfunctioning cameras do all sorts of things.

My instinct is telling me that this is not the goggles, but without another quad it's a little harder to test. I'll keep thinking about it, and I'm sure we'll hear from @HighTechPauper , he's great at troubleshooting.

I've been really frustrated with FPV in the past when I got a run of bad parts, it's just bad luck. It does get cheaper and easier as you go because you learn how to correct these issues.

I've had quads do this, but for me it's never been the screen, always a much cheaper part.
For starters, are you positive that you're on the correct channel? If you use autosearch on the goggles they'll tune in to the first signal they get, but sometimes you're tuned into bleed and it creates all sorts of strange effects. It's also a pretty cheap (maybe $20) camera they have on that hawk, and I've seen malfunctioning cameras do all sorts of things.

My instinct is telling me that this is not the goggles, but without another quad it's a little harder to test. I'll keep thinking about it, and I'm sure we'll hear from @HighTechPauper , he's great at troubleshooting.

I've been really frustrated with FPV in the past when I got a run of bad parts, it's just bad luck. It does get cheaper and easier as you go because you learn how to correct these issues.

Thanks for the info.

I do believe it is something inside the goggles because as i move my head around the goggles to get a different view/angle inside the blue effect moves too. It almost like i cannot set these up to fit my eyes even though I am 60mm IPD.

It is still workable and maybe i am just being a perfectionist/paranoid due to the faulty hawk.

Sorry guys, nothing is springing to mind on this goggle issue, it could be the camera, the goggles, or possibly sitting on the face incorrectly. If you are sure you are on the correct channel, and pulling the goggles away from your face slightly doesn't improve things, I would try a new camera first. This is always a problem when there isn't another working quad or extra parts to troubleshoot with. I know the Attitude V5's are known to not have the best receivers, but if it is an issue with the goggles Fatshark will fix it for sure. Sorry I don't have any great ideas on this.

I also had this when I first got it. Your eye are not yet accustomed. My IPD is 66mm.

Try moving the quad around or have someone move it around for you.
Focus on the bottom of the screen and then to the center of the screen, do this repeatedly.

Reactions: Dragor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax