Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Bad esc? (newb needs help)

Pyrzi

Reaction score
Hi,
I just got my first quad today (Eachine wizard). When setting up the drone I faced some problems. One of the motors runs slower than others and that motor's esc get very hot when others are cool. Even when just motors on low throttle and without propels. I am very newb with these so I really could use some help. What would you suggest me to do? Is there a way I could fix this? Do I need new parts if so what parts? (link?).

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately that didn't help. I loosen all one by one and then all the same time. Still same problem.

No. At least I can't see anything. Can bad motor cause esc to heat up?

Hmm. On other forum some or saying that it is esc. Is there any easy way to tell if the fault is in esc or motor. I really would not want to start switching motors and soldering all the wires to see if it is esc or motor.

i would swap the motor and esc with the one that spins in the same direction. then iwould swap the motor only to eliminate the esc

Got new motor and esc. New motor did same with old esc so I assume that the problem is in esc. Although I don't know how to connect new esc as there is different amount wires. One thick black and red wires are the same but old esc have only one smaller wire when new esc have two smaller wires (1 black & 1 white) with some kind of connector. So does anyone know how to connect those two smaller wires? Only place where the connector is suitable for is the receiver of the radio. Is that where it goes? Thanks for help again! :)

new esc: Racerstar RS20A V2 New 20A Blheli_S OPTO 2-4S ESC Support Oneshot42 Multishot 16.5 Dshot600

Attachments

• 20170509_171626.jpg
    20170509_171626.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
The small wires are for the signal the black wire is the ground and you can hook it to any ground spot including where the ESC ground goes or you can leave it off. everything else hooks up where the old stuff was

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput