Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Back left motor wont spin up when throttle given

AdamMezenner

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to this whole fpv thing and bought an eachine wizard x220s. I took off and was flying but when I landed and reattempted to takeoff the drone flipped upside down and the back left motor wont spin. Also is it normal for BL heli to not be able to detect my ESCs?

Hey guys im new to this whole fpv thing and bought an eachine wizard x220s. I took off and was flying but when I landed and reattempted to takeoff the drone flipped upside down and the back left motor wont spin. Also is it normal for BL heli to not be able to detect my ESCs?
Firstly welcome to the crew. Assuming that there is nothing obstructing the motor, plug it into Betaflight, remove your props and go into the motor tab. On that tab you can test each of the motors after acknowledging the slider that your props are indeed off.
You can now test each of the motors individually to see what’s going on. If you have a faulty motor or esc that should be obvious as it won’t spin up when you move the slider up and down.
As for using BLHeli, you need to connect to the FC as per normal and plug a battery into the quad to be able to read the esc’s assuming you have a usb cable that can read data - not all of them do.
I have two wizards in my collection and they were very prone to just fail with respect to esc’s and motors. No rhyme nor reason, they just did. If you do have a faulty esc, throw the other three in the bin as well and upgrade them, much better units are only marginally dearer and will
last much longer. Same logic for the motors....

Firstly welcome to the crew. Assuming that there is nothing obstructing the motor, plug it into Betaflight, remove your props and go into the motor tab. On that tab you can test each of the motors after acknowledging the slider that your props are indeed off.
You can now test each of the motors individually to see what’s going on. If you have a faulty motor or esc that should be obvious as it won’t spin up when you move the slider up and down.
As for using BLHeli, you need to connect to the FC as per normal and plug a battery into the quad to be able to read the esc’s assuming you have a usb cable that can read data - not all of them do.
I have two wizards in my collection and they were very prone to just fail with respect to esc’s and motors. No rhyme nor reason, they just did. If you do have a faulty esc, throw the other three in the bin as well and upgrade them, much better units are only marginally dearer and will
last much longer. Same logic for the motors....
thanks for the quick response and i have found the error. Some chip on the ESC broke off, so it looks like a manufacturing issue.

If it’s an original set up, toss the esc’s before they either cause you a mid air failure or catch fire.
Just sayin’....
yeah i dont plan on flying with 1 motor not working. Especially since I can ear some sparking sound coming from the drone

• Wow
Reactions: tevek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone