Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Asking for help: getting Tyro 99 off the ground

Kspearson1

Reaction score
Any ideas on my Tyro 99? I re-wired the motors and confirmed they spin inward. Motors with the black/silver nuts are opposing.

When I spin the motors individually in BF all is good, but when I go outdoors with the RX, it’s haywire. It freaks out and I can’t get it off the ground.

I tried posting a short video but no dice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
It is either FC orientation setting and/or the "Props are reversed" settings in BF probably. When you point the FPV camera up in the air does the quad depicted in BF show the green arrow pointing up?

Yes the orientation in BF corresponds to the correct correct movements. I’ve gone thru each individual motor in BF motor tab as well as slo motion video to confirm the props are spinning inward (4 and 1 CW, 2 and 3 CCW) and the props are installed to have the leading edge go first.

Is there an RX setting I’m possible missing? When I power up all the motors in BF using the master slide, they all turn smooth. But when I add power when connected to the RX some of the motor seem to run really rough.

Reactions: rtkDarling
It's a detail you're missing. If you reversed your prop direction, there's a box you need to check.
betaflight-configurator-props-out-reverse-rotation-setting.png

You need to check your motor mapping. Maybe each one turns, but is motor 1 in the correct corner? You can check in the motors tab.

You'll also need to double check your ESC protocol. Make sure BLheli is running the same (prob. dshot600)

Still stuck? film the liftoff trouble with your phone. Capture the arming, the spinning blades, and the flip as best you can and we'll take a look. No worries, this is really common for a first build, and can happen to all of us. It's one of the first things we learn to troubleshoot.

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Made a short video. I’ve since tightened Up the props but that didn’t seem to solve the issue. I recalibrated so it doesn’t think it’s sideways. I’m wondering if my incredibly crappy solder job would have anything to do with it. Although that wouldn’t explain why the motors work correctly when powered in beta flight

Made a short video. I’ve since tightened Up the props but that didn’t seem to solve the issue. I recalibrated so it doesn’t think it’s sideways. I’m wondering if my incredibly crappy solder job would have anything to do with it. Although that wouldn’t explain why the motors work correctly when powered in beta flight
It's a detail you're missing. If you reversed your prop direction, there's a box you need to check.
betaflight-configurator-props-out-reverse-rotation-setting.png

You need to check your motor mapping. Maybe each one turns, but is motor 1 in the correct corner? You can check in the motors tab.

You'll also need to double check your ESC protocol. Make sure BLheli is running the same (prob. dshot600)

Still stuck? film the liftoff trouble with your phone. Capture the arming, the spinning blades, and the flip as best you can and we'll take a look. No worries, this is really common for a first build, and can happen to all of us. It's one of the first things we learn to troubleshoot.

The correct motors spin when prompted in BF. I’ve never done bheli before so I’ll have to look into that. Nevertheless the video should confirm the motors are spinning in the right direction.

The loose props would do it for sure, and unfortunately they make it impossible to tell what's actually wrong. If tightening your props didn't work, and you're sure you have the FC oriented correctly and it still isn't working, it might be your ESC protocol.

betaflight-Setup-configurator-configuratoin-1-1024x322.jpg

If it on 600 and not working, we can try multishot.

There's a lot in here, but it's great info

You'll want to DL a BLheli config

we can check out your ESCs with this if all else fails.

So, if the props are TIGHT, try that recording again and we can get you in the air :)

After watching the video it is clear there is some mismatch in the config in all likelihood. What is your ESC protocol set to?

Any ideas on my Tyro 99? I re-wired the motors and confirmed they spin inward. Motors with the black/silver nuts are opposing.

When I spin the motors individually in BF all is good, but when I go outdoors with the RX, it’s haywire. It freaks out and I can’t get it off the ground.

I tried posting a short video but no dice.

Sorry dude,
Look at my Video, if your Tyro-motors freaks out the same way, then you got prabably a broken FC. I got a broken FC....no orientation error, props and spinning direction was ok........I got replacement (FC) from banggood.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax