Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Arris x220 v2 or Wizard x220s ? Fpv Noob

Jhughes2286

Reaction score
Hello guys, I've had a few quads now, bugs 3, DJI Spark , holy Stone 200d , I'm a fairly decent pilot on those crafts but I'm a total noob to acro mode (only flew about 10 mins in a simulator.) Which of these quads would be a better fit for me? Thank you please help!
If I left out any important information please just ask.

IMHO the Arris is way overpriced, and they're both a little outdated for the market right now. The wizard comes with a Flysky too, which I wouldn't buy.

Do you follow any FPV folks on youtube?

Opinions are pretty easy to come by, but we're living in a gold rush era on reviewers that are at least trying to do a great job.

I assume you just want to fly some freestyle...

Reactions: Wayno52
I can only comment on the x220 which was my first setup (now have three of them). Yes they are a little old in the technology package so to speak but coupled with my fatsharks are a great learning package for me. They take an absolute beating and are fairly cheap to repair. I now have better setups but my wizard comes to work with me and gets flogged at the end of each shift and the care factor is not as great as it it is with my my later quads.

Yes I'm just wanting to fly freestyle, I have searched and searched it seems I can't find any new quads just what was popular. Could someone please point me towards a newer fpv quad around the $250-350 US. Range ? Thanks again

Holybro Kopis 2 uses all top-notch components and is within your price range. It's always rated as one of the best BNF quads.
Holybro Kopis 2 FPV Racing Drone (BNF)

I agree that this is arguably top of the line in parts, and you can see the price difference isn't that much. That Kopis comes with an F7 flight controller, and 32 bit ESCs, which are both top end performers, that makes it a little more future proof.

My BNF is an HGLRC Batman
HGLRC Batman220 PNP FPV Racing Drone
I love it, but I don't think it's the king of the market by any means. (Specs on the Kopis are better, wizard parts are WAY easier to find)

The market is flooding fast, so things are getting cheaper. Check out this review (I trust the reviewer, but have never flown this quad)

Frame replacement parts (especially arms) need to be available, you're almost guaranteed to break your first quad somehow. Remember that you'll need a transmitter and goggles as well to fly FPV

I know this is all thread but just wanted to put in my input. Just picked up the new Arris x220 version 2 and it seems absolutely sick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas