Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

ARRIS capability

FRD135i

Reaction score
Are the ARRIS RTF drones able to be upgraded as a fliers needs grow? They seem to be good starters but will you outgrow them?

Are the ARRIS RTF drones able to be upgraded as a fliers needs grow? They seem to be good starters but will you outgrow them?
Sure can if you are inclined, here is one I found on another forum:
Or you can start your own build and collect them in various sizes like myself and others on this forum.

They're overpriced and outdated IMHO. Check out UAV futures on Youtube, he reviews all the new stuff. For another $50 you can get top of the line parts.
For example:

More expensive yes, but fully equipped. Just my 2 cents :)

Reactions: Futuramille
Thanks, dude who was selling the Wizard backed out so I am on the search again.

I still have this one
Price is negotiable

I still have this one
Price is negotiable
PM'd I think?

So here’s my two cents, I started with an Arris X-Speed 280 and I wish I hadn’t. I was afraid of the setup being too complicated but between people on the forum, oscarliang.com and my personal favorite Joshua Bardwell’s YouTube channel it’s not that difficult.

My Arris a lot of issues. The Flycolor Fc is crap, the esc is really noisy and the frame is not great. I was shocked at how much better the quality was on a $32 iFlight X5 frame was over the Arris and how much better it flew.

You can build your own and save yourself some money in the long run. And don’t make the biggest mistake I made!!!! Don’t buy anything except TERANIS for your radio. My Arris can with a Radiolink AT9S and I just bought a Teranis Q X7 and it so much better it’s not even funny.

I and everyone else on the forum is here to help!

Reactions: rtkDarling
So here’s my two cents, I started with an Arris X-Speed 280 and I wish I hadn’t. I was afraid of the setup being too complicated but between people on the forum, oscarliang.com and my personal favorite Joshua Bardwell’s YouTube channel it’s not that difficult.

My Arris a lot of issues. The Flycolor Fc is crap, the esc is really noisy and the frame is not great. I was shocked at how much better the quality was on a $32 iFlight X5 frame was over the Arris and how much better it flew.

You can build your own and save yourself some money in the long run. And don’t make the biggest mistake I made!!!! Don’t buy anything except TERANIS for your radio. My Arris can with a Radiolink AT9S and I just bought a Teranis Q X7 and it so much better it’s not even funny.

I and everyone else on the forum is here to help!
Yea, after looking at more stuff I decided against it. Looking at some FrSky TXs right now and talking to RENOV8R about his rig that he has listed. A build still seems a bit intimidating at first, just a lot to take in. Thanks for the info...... still deciding what to do

Yea, after looking at more stuff I decided against it. Looking at some FrSky TXs right now and talking to RENOV8R about his rig that he has listed. A build still seems a bit intimidating at first, just a lot to take in. Thanks for the info...... still deciding what to do
I thought the same at first but the build wasn't the hard part. Learning how to fly, and learning how to build a craft that can take a crash and keep on flying, that's the craft

Reactions: RENOV8R
Great I’m glad to hear it! I know Renov8r has some serious build skills. If you need any help I’m happy to help! Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz