Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Armattan frames or RTF/ BNF

NeoCloneOne

Reaction score
I just recently heard of these Armattan brand frame kits/ ready-to-fly or bind-n- fly racers. They're a bit more pricey because the company offers lifetime warranty on the frame (not sure about the rest of the parts). I like the profile of them, like the older Chameleon or the newer Rooster ones. They have a classic look about them (in my opinion). Has anyone built or has an RTF of one of these (as I am interested in maybe getting a frame for a future build)? Just wondering if the extra price to pay is worth it. They do look like they are built like tanks, though, very sturdy!

I know a number of people who have the Chameleon on this forum, maybe they will see this and chime in.

The Chameleon was the best selling drone frame in 2017 and it was UAV Futures drone of the year 2017.
The Rooster is poised to be one of the best selling, if not the best selling quad frame for 2018, and it certainly is taking off out of the gate.
I have a BNF Rooster that should be here in the next few days, but this will be my first Armattan so I can't speak too much from personal experience yet.

I will say that a few people have had a problem with the Rooster frame in the last day or two, but many others have not. There may be a QC issue that they will have to work through, but their quality is considered very high. The warranty is for all the frame pieces only, you could buy an Impulse RC Alien and spend more money for it and not get a warranty at all.

If you didn't see UAV Futures review of the Rooster, here it is.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Now I get why you stuck the Rooster in your new nickname, LOL. Didn't dawn on me before. But yeah, I watched that vid on UAV Futures YT channel, and was curious about anyone's experiences with them. I'm contemplating on getting a frame for a future build, but if they're having problems with it, I might wait on that til they get that smoothed out. I really the profile looks of em though. Lemme know how your experience is with yours when you get it.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
10-4 Royce, will do on the Rooster info as soon as I get it.
There is a vid on the Armattan YT channel about the issue. For right now it looks like just the screws/bolts may be the problem and they will be moving from a 1mm head thickness to a 1.3mm head thickness and improving the QC on the screws themselves. Never hurts to wait until the issues are shaken out before ordering though.

Also there is always a ton of horror stories around these things, I try not to let it deter me in general, since many people will complain about anything. I mean it's a quad frame, not a Maserati.
There is a closed Facebook channel for Armattan quads if you want to join and have a look at what people are saying.
Randy

Gotcha. Yeah, screws are minor, but can be a major issue if not taken care of and checked out good. Can't wait to see your build. I'm also planning future scratch builds where I fabricate my own frames from model-light airplane plywood. That should be an interesting deal. They might turn out looking odd, but if it works... Hey, I'll try it!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I just recently heard of these Armattan brand frame kits/ ready-to-fly or bind-n- fly racers. They're a bit more pricey because the company offers lifetime warranty on the frame (not sure about the rest of the parts). I like the profile of them, like the older Chameleon or the newer Rooster ones. They have a classic look about them (in my opinion). Has anyone built or has an RTF of one of these (as I am interested in maybe getting a frame for a future build)? Just wondering if the extra price to pay is worth it. They do look like they are built like tanks, though, very sturdy!
I love Armattan. The Japalura 4” is a blast, as is the Chameleon. I’m currently trying to get the F1-6 finished, can’t wait to fly it. I think I prefer the Rotorgeeks 1407, before the 1407 Oomphs, but they’re still really good.

I have had my BNF Rooster for a bit over a week now, and I can say it is the best made drone I currently own. It is truly built like a tank. It is VERY fast as well. I could not be happier with this purchase!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax