Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Anyone ever try 2 antennas on one module?

goggles or on the quad?

Ive seen interesting setups on goggles. currently some are pushing for two omni and replacing a patch on the goggles. Im not buying it yet but its logical.
on the quad, Im unsure what you'd gain. the additional connectors will also degrade the signal. Ive never tried it. I use FrSky RX and just insure a 45 deg angle on the two antenna. If you run crossfire its just a point of where to mount the T antenna.

Why do you think you need more?

Scv and JJ, I tried 2 omni's on goggles the other day in the one location standing near my car and flying up and down an old bridge.
I was in the middle and flying to my left and right for around 80 metres each way.
I tried this after watching a JB video which I found interesting.
I tried different antennas and configuration and on my last pack I went back to omni and patch.
All quality antennas and for me, patch and omni still win hands down.

regarding the patch antenna, I cant get past the value of pointing my head in the drones direction and getting immediate signal improvement via diversity.
Im looking for a used Furious TrueD module if anyone has one they'd part with. The one in my HD3 are going to black and white at times. Its crisp bnw but very distracting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion