Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Anybody know what this means?

mrmund

Reaction score
I crashed(RX loss which is another issue).
Motor number three doesn't spin. I connected to Betaflight in the motors tab and the number three motor shows E: 100.00% in red. And idea what that means?

Attachments

• KIMG1275.JPG
    KIMG1275.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Sad
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Assuming you haven’t cooked either an esc or motor (swap motor with a good one if that’s the case as a trail and error), maybe try this tutorial from Oscar Liang:
I figure I cooked
Have you connected the ESC to BLheli, see if it's being recognised?
No, I thought I killed the motor until I connected to Betaflight and saw the red 100% on the #3 motor.
I fail-safed about 250 altitude behind me and death rolled into a soccer field. I figured I broke a wire to the motor in the crash. Now I'm thinking I blew an ESC trying to turtle mode?
I'm trying to figure out if I should solder on a new motor on or replace the board I'm not sure what to do, I started FPV August 25th so it's definitely an adventure. Any trouble shooting suggestions greatly appreciated

• Sad
I figure I cooked
No, I thought I killed the motor until I connected to Betaflight and saw the red 100% on the #3 motor.
I fail-safed about 250 altitude behind me and death rolled into a soccer field. I figured I broke a wire to the motor in the crash. Now I'm thinking I blew an ESC trying to turtle mode?
I'm trying to figure out if I should solder on a new motor on or replace the board I'm not sure what to do, I started FPV August 25th so it's definitely an adventure. Any trouble shooting suggestions greatly appreciated
A death roll and a little too much of turtle mode will do it. Been there done that. Easiest place to start is to to swap the suspect motor with one of the remaining three. If the motor fires up, it’s the dodgy motor you disconnected (cheap fix). If it doesn’t you probably have a faulty esc, need to inspect the board for any signs of damage. If you have popped a fet it should be visible as probably being burnt (replace board). You haven’t said if you are running a flight controller/ esc combination or separate ESCs on the quad arms.

• Love
I figure I cooked
How about the start-up chimes, what you getting? Connect to BLheli quick and easy fault finding. If the ESC is not found then you know it's the ESC.

So, the update...
I was having a hard time downloading BLheli, haven't gotten that far yet and was a bit confused. I'm going to have to do some more learning to get that sorted.

So I was feeling a bit frustrated and plugged it back into Betaflight. I click on the motors tab and the red 100% is gone, back to black text. I spin up the motors and no problem. I ran it a few moments and it all seemed fine. Check the motors, all cool and the same temperature. The only thing that I did since the day it crashed, before it started working again was pull apart the stack and thoroughly inspect it like Tevek suggested and it looked good. I put it back together and it worked. I jiggled wires, tapped it but I couldn't get the #3 motor to cut out. I went for a test flight today and it was great. I flew a few packs and it was just like normal.

When I found my qwad crashed in the field I picked it up I unplugged the battery, found the camera that used to be on top and walked back to where I was flying from. I checked it over spun each prop by hand and they felt fine. It was a little dirty(damp but not mud). I plugged in a new battery and went to fly it but when I armed it #3 motor wouldn't spin. I went home that day and plugged it into Betaflight and it was showing the red 100% and wouldn't turn. That was last Wednesday. Last night it worked and today was the test flight- all good.

So any idea what was wrong and how I "fixed it"?
I'm not saying the old "now I'm nervous to fly it" because it flew great today and I think it's solid. I just want to figure out what happened. I've been learning so much and I want to completely understand all the systems and become a better pilot.

Thanks for your help guys, let me know if you've ever heard of something like this.

Could just enough water in just the wrong place cause an issue, and once it dried out real good all was well? I guess an ESC might not have initialized properly at power up, or could a strand of wire be touching the frame arm somewhere between motor and ESC? I don't think I have heard of anything like this before, and hope she never rears her ugly head again for you. Happy flying!

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmund
So, the update...
I was having a hard time downloading BLheli, haven't gotten that far yet and was a bit confused. I'm going to have to do some more learning to get that sorted.

So I was feeling a bit frustrated and plugged it back into Betaflight. I click on the motors tab and the red 100% is gone, back to black text. I spin up the motors and no problem. I ran it a few moments and it all seemed fine. Check the motors, all cool and the same temperature. The only thing that I did since the day it crashed, before it started working again was pull apart the stack and thoroughly inspect it like Tevek suggested and it looked good. I put it back together and it worked. I jiggled wires, tapped it but I couldn't get the #3 motor to cut out. I went for a test flight today and it was great. I flew a few packs and it was just like normal.

When I found my qwad crashed in the field I picked it up I unplugged the battery, found the camera that used to be on top and walked back to where I was flying from. I checked it over spun each prop by hand and they felt fine. It was a little dirty(damp but not mud). I plugged in a new battery and went to fly it but when I armed it #3 motor wouldn't spin. I went home that day and plugged it into Betaflight and it was showing the red 100% and wouldn't turn. That was last Wednesday. Last night it worked and today was the test flight- all good.

So any idea what was wrong and how I "fixed it"?
I'm not saying the old "now I'm nervous to fly it" because it flew great today and I think it's solid. I just want to figure out what happened. I've been learning so much and I want to completely understand all the systems and become a better pilot.

Thanks for your help guys, let me know if you've ever heard of something like this.
Did the issue ever come back?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput